Man City, when we play the 'English' way.

zangatangring

Where teams like Us, Stoke, Chelsea can be cited as epitomising English football, I'm considering, what would be our most 'English approach'?

What's 'the english approach'? Well, It's often perceived by most foreign leagues as being a propensity for the long ball, huge target men, set piece superiority, attacking from flanks and vastly superior physical attributes (pace, height, stamina etc...).

We're quite lucky in the sense that we're a very dynamic team. With creative players such as Silva, Nasri/some other guy (soon) and Yaya Toure, we can offer effectiveness in a variety of methods.

To my disdain, we've all too often heard the 'English' way criticised. Look at the success of it. It works and I for one most certainly enjoy it. Italian teams now shrivel to English adversaries.

Yaya Toure has won many people over. Don't get me wrong, he's awesome, I just think we haven't seen all he's got to offer. When he played in a very advanced box to box role. He showed just how diverse he can be. His physicality and supportive ability really will shine with Dzeko's imminent form. Dzeko will/should become the greatest target man in football with a proficient season in English football. There's no other OX with such great mastery of both feet.

At current, My favourite formation with Dzeko that deploys such 'english' approach is our 4-2-3-1.

The 2 Dm's behind the advancing midfield almost exclusively offer the direct initiating play. They may initiate attacking from the flanks, find Dzeko/Yaya to hold/support/combine. The brilliance of this that it enables us to be defensively cautious yet exploit a defensive weakness of others. The creative initiation may come from 2 of the 3 midfielders or may just be out and out wingers. Yaya takes up the middle in the lovely box-to-box role.

Don't you think such a style is brilliant? Shows off the pace of our full backs, our aerial prominence, direct play, Yaya and Dzeko's brilliance and physical attributes.

What do you guys think?

Mastery of both feet?

Anyway, you state 'may just come from the wings' or something along those lines.

It would NEED to come from the wings, if it existed. Dzeko is the best aerial threat we have had since Quinn but sadly I don't think a lot of us are going to see it in a blue shirt.

dazzlerblue said:
All that effort from a rag! Keep trying!

Screw off.

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm --

Citizen52 said:
Mastery of both feet?

Anyway, you state 'may just come from the wings' or something along those lines.

It would NEED to come from the wings, if it existed. Dzeko is the best aerial threat we have had since Quinn but sadly I don't think a lot of us are going to see it in a blue shirt.

Yep, Dzeko's ambidextrous. He can finish and use both feet equally well.

"It would NEED to come from the wings," Well, in our system, the crosses usually come from the fullbacks. It's just Mancini prefers to use the wingers/creative mids in a manner that gives them more attacking or passing threats. I would also state that Dzeko's easily threatening with his feet, so we could mix it up.:). Something Carroll/crouch absolutely can't offer.

Edit: whether we'll use the wingers in a more out and out role is an enigma. I would've hoped so (at times!) but probably not. The interchanging on the flanks helps though :).

the only reason the English way of playing football is criticized is because it hasn't won any World Cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.