Man City Wikipedia Entry under Attack

This page needs a bit of editing as well:

City state owned sportswashing bollox.
Absolutely, afraid I'm on the verge of being banned for tendentiousness but anyone can edit Wikipedia, the trick is to justify the changes politely. In this case we get two mentions - a single reference in their Foreign Ownership section condemns us - it's difficult to stomach this sort of venomous mendacity from 2020 but here you go

Also and more prominently this piece of pathetic trademark nonsense in the opening Overview from the Guardian complaining about our Arabtec sponsorship - no mention anywhere in the article of Arsenal's Emirates deals for ten times the amount of course.

I wouldn't advise deleting anything but simply challenge the material on its Talk Page and await the redshirt reaction.

Last edited:
Those who are keeping doing this shit are needy ****s. Unfortunately at the minute Wikipedia cannot be taken too serious.

This is the last exchange on the Sheikh Mansour page

Have you ever stopped to consider that your presence here on this page is the fruit of sportswashing? Its hard to imagine you would be editing this page if not for the acquisition of your beloved team by the article's subject. Why do people use sportswashing? Because it works. Horse Eye's Back (talk) 19:13, 21 February 2024 (UTC)[reply]

It didn't though did it? Simply a gratuitous slur on the owner of currently the most successful football club on the planet. The economic rivals of City just substituted the term for 'financial doping' in their interminable 'cheating oil club' narratives. The US hedge fund club owners need an early profit return & can't compete with our long term investment model so it's reputational damage on steroids - lots of redshirt fan clicks for journos recycling their anti City propaganda, the currency of success in that profession these days.

They lost interest in the sportwashing fiction a long time ago though - moving on to a similarly ridiculous "115 charge" fabrication. Its outcome in two years time doesn't matter they just need to feed their fanbases the myth that their failure and City's success is the result of dirty deeds.

Incidentally, the WP sportswashing entry prominently references in its overview the same piece of pathetic trademark proven nonsense from the Guardian in 2019 as linked on here. It complains about our £7m Arabtec sponsorship but no mention anywhere of Arsenal's Emirates continuing deals for ten times the amount. [1] (They aren't 'foreign-owned' of course, the USA doesn't feature in that wiki section despite appearing above the UAE on the Human Rights Watch table of worst offenders.)

Our owners haven't ever bothered to respond to any of these attacks beyond a short statement of denial. The fans have got used to them too over the last 13 years but it's a shame WP has now been tainted - as you say the price of its consensus approach but I would add also some uncritical editing. Both my 'beloved ' football club and our beloved Wikipedia may have their faults but deserve better than some of the content in these entries.
Horatius At The Bridge (talk) 22:41, 22 February 2024 (UTC)[reply]

Sportswashing is a word losers use against teams when they get their arses handed to them.
I do like it when our friends in the media use the term sportswashing against us. Especially when we could use the very same word to describe them as well. It wouldn't be like our friends in the media to break any rules would it, you know, BT, Sky, ITV etc, etc. The case is still on going, under Section 25 of the Competition Act and I quote "which allows the CMA to look into potential cartels"

I do like it when our friends in the media use the term sportswashing against us. Especially when we could use the very same word to describe them as well. It wouldn't be like our friends in the media to break any rules would it, you know, BT, Sky, ITV etc, etc. The case is still on going, under Section 25 of the Competition Act and I quote "which allows the CMA to look into potential cartels"
I've made a proposal to remove it as a standalone article on wikipedia

I kept changing the page for Mkhitaryan regarding his scorpion kick goal against Sunderland.

The goal won awards despite being clearly offside and it pissed me off royally.

They eventually gave in and it is now acknowledged as being invalid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.