Man of the Match Borussia Dortmund Champions League Q/F 1st Leg (H)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Foden edges it over De Bruyne for me. Other than that not a lot to rave about. Good save from Eddie but, like several others, dithered on the ball and could've/should've given a goal away to Bellingham. Walker ok but disappointing from Mahrez, Gundo, Cancelo, Bernardo and Rodri.

I thought that was KDB's best game in ages. I went for him as MOTM.

Foden was excellent bar shooting. He's a bit like David Silva in that he does the hard thing only to rush the final shot....sometimes. Other times he's cool as a cucumber. If he can become more consistent in the last moment he'll be truly awesome.

Walker may not have been in the running for MOTM but I would say that he was excellent in the first half.

Kev, closely followed by Phil who would’ve been my choice if not for missing the couple of decent chances at 1-0.

I actually thought Foden's finishing and final ball was miles off his usual high standard, but his dribbling and movement was out of this world. He really came alive towards the end of the match and deserved the goal after missing a few chances he would usually have buried.

De Bruyne is MoTM for me because I thought he was top class all night, got the first goal after helping create it and then played a brilliant ball for the second. Foden would be close behind. Thought Jesus was good after coming on but honestly, I felt nobody else in sky blue was at their usual level. Dias and Stones maybe deserve a shout for mostly keeping one of the world's best strikers quiet.

Then again, big knockout tournaments aren't really about blowing teams away and being incredible every time you play. Portugal won the Euros after finishing third behind Hungary and Iceland in their group and averaging 1.3 goals a game, for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.