Man of the Match Burnley PL (A)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Gundogan and Bernardo both good. Mahrez decent. Defence rock-solid again. Rodri MOTM, thought he was excellent.

Sterling MOTM for Burnley.

Gundog for me, but could easily have been Bernie or Rodri, Cancelo also good, Jesus took his chance well, Mahrez had good moments in the game, our defence was awesome, the referring was poor, defo penalty on Jesus

My man of the match is the ultimate football fraud: Pep Guardiola. Missed the team sheets prior to kick off and then tried to work out who's playing in defence. The guy blows my mind and probably a few managers out there too. A nominal four at the back became a three that could weather the Burnley bomardment: with Cancelo playing as a second pivot that enabled Gundogan a more offesnive position; or Rodri positioning himself as a nominal centre half if needed. As of half-time City were two-nil up and Burnley had no attempts on goal. At ninety minutes, ditto.

Big shout out to Ederson de Moraes who is arguably the best sweeper-keeper in the world. His pass to Mahrez around the fourtieth minute - to break the Burnley press - was a thing of beauty. As an aside, I've seen many of the old - Schmeichel, de Gea etc - and new of the goalkeeping fraternity have added the ability to pass to their repertoire of skills. I put this down to the one they call Bored Ederson. He's that good: Klopp and his American overlords decided to pay around 70m for Alisson in a bid to close the gap between them and City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.