Votes: 139 57.4%
  • Jesus

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mahrez

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Rodri

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Astonished to see Mendy sitting 2nd in this poll. Can only assume it’s a reflection of demonstrable willingness rather than quality of product. A great cross for Kun’s goal, but by the same token in umpteen similar situations he got the ball caught under his feet and needed an extra touch again and again, or just hammered it back to Stones. He’s a camel. And in the other full back berth, well let’s just say Juventus pulled our pants down.
In the middle, John Stones is nearing the end of his time at City I fear. Having lost virtually every header against the Everton reject, did anyone think for one second he wouldn’t get rinsed by Zaha at the death?
Further upfield, we must be knocking on 3 months since Raheem Sterling came even remotely close to justifying the hype. Awful again today.
Piss poor also from Pep, not just for bringing back Sterling and leaving out the in-form Mahrez, but for not playing Walker, who owns Zaha every time we play Palace, and for again opting for two snails in the engine room, who lack the legs to press. Only two contenders for MotM. Kev and Sergio....and even they weren’t great.
And as an aside that’s 6 times (and would have been 7, but for VAR against Sheffield United) we’ve gone behind at home in the league this season, and the 4th time we’ve chucked away points in the last 10 minutes courtesy of complacent and mentally weak defending. You’ll won’t see that at Anfield, cos they’ve acquired a ruthless professionalism this season that we are sadly lacking. Real Madrid will bugger us senseless
To be fair, he probably is just ahead of Kev. He showed a willingness to get forward, though there were a couple of times when he delayed his crosses, allowing Palace to get into shape at the back.

Astonished to see Mendy sitting 2nd in this poll. Can only assume it’s a reflection of demonstrable willingness rather than quality of product. A great cross for Kun’s goal, but by the same token in umpteen similar situations he got the ball caught under his feet and needed an extra touch again and again, or just hammered it back to Stones. He’s a camel. And in the other full back berth, well let’s just say Juventus pulled our pants down.
In the middle, John Stones is nearing the end of his time at City I fear. Having lost virtually every header against the Everton reject, did anyone think for one second he wouldn’t get rinsed by Zaha at the death?
Further upfield, we must be knocking on 3 months since Raheem Sterling came even remotely close to justifying the hype. Awful again today.
Piss poor also from Pep, not just for bringing back Sterling and leaving out the in-form Mahrez, but for not playing Walker, who owns Zaha every time we play Palace, and for again opting for two snails in the engine room, who lack the legs to press. Only two contenders for MotM. Kev and Sergio....and even they weren’t great.
And as an aside that’s 6 times (and would have been 7, but for VAR against Sheffield United) we’ve gone behind at home in the league this season, and the 4th time we’ve chucked away points in the last 10 minutes courtesy of complacent and mentally weak defending. You’ll won’t see that at Anfield, cos they’ve acquired a ruthless professionalism this season that we are sadly lacking. Real Madrid will bugger us senseless
Jesus !

Shouldn’t the man of the match thread be a place for positivity highlighting the better aspects of our performance

Sergio’s job is to score and both his goals were great in their own way today ergo a great performance from the little genius

Stones. Lost the header and also didn't commit to foul Zaha.

He didn't need to foul him, Zaha's first touch let him down & Stones could have won the ball but backed off instead. Awful defending not helped by Cancelo being miles away.

This is exactly how I saw the game although I love Pep so I'll miss the word "piss" off. That's also how I see Mendy's assessment too. I do have some hope against Madrid, We have the firepower if Pep chooses the right players. I can also see it being high scoring because there's no way we are going to keep a clean sheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.