Man of the Match West Ham PL (H)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Where are all the "ffs" haters? Why do they always talk bs when he does one bad thing but when he works hard, tracks back, creates chances and is crucial in the goals no one says a thing?

Mahrez = Underrated. Even by our own fanbase.
I don’t think he’s underrated. I think he’s an excellent footballer, amazing first touch, great feet and has goals in him. I’ve been critical of him in the past. And I’ll be critical of him again in the future cos like every human, for all the good there are some flaws.

he’s an excellent footballer, but hasn’t always been suited to our high intensity press and tracking back. His physical aspect of the game could improve as he doesn’t do well tackling, 50/50s or having to dig in for a scrap, as that wasn’t/isn’t his natural style. He’s tracking a bit better lately, but still not enough for me. The intensity still often drops off when he’s in fear of getting close enough to put a foot in.

Pep’s clearly had a word, and one major positive of Mahrez has lately, is he’s actively trying to be part of the team theses days. He’s looking for passes that are on and trying to pick the player out. He’s making some great passes and linking up well.
Previously it was head down and cut in and ignore the rest of the team.

With the intensity and output and passing ability of both Bernie and Phil, Mahrez wouldn’t get near the starting 11 going on his previous efforts. So he’s had to up his game. And he has fair play to him.

The fact the team is playing better and he’s playing more of a team orientated role than he normally would go hand in hand. He’s often been a passenger in the past. And goes missing as I said when there a fight to be had.

Also it’s easy to let stuff slide when the team is obliterating everything that’s out in front of them.

Like I said, excellent footballing ability, mesmeric first touch. Often lacking the intensity required. That’s not Mahrez hating, that’s a valid opinion shared by many. The fact that he’s in an incredible squad or has had a few good games doesn’t negate his downsides.

His downsides don’t negate the fact that he’s got the best first touch in the squad, and the possibly the best left foot we’ve seen at city second only to David Silva. I don’t think many would argue this. I don’t think many could argue that he’s often soft and lazy and frustrating.

So our opinions are shaped only by him and his overall contribution to the team. Things have improved of late thankfully due to his own efforts and hard work. Let’s hope he continues.

I was very pleased to see Stones come back into the side and not miss a beat, rotation and missing games is something he never handled very well previously.

It is like we have signed the best centre back on a free transfer.

Where are all the "ffs" haters? Why do they always talk bs when he does one bad thing but when he works hard, tracks back, creates chances and is crucial in the goals no one says a thing?

Mahrez = Underrated. Even by our own fanbase.
I said in the match thread that there as the perfect example of how Mahrez frustrates me.

He turned the WHU lb inside out and then stood there and waited for him to recover and get back in front of him before then passing it backwards.

He beat the guy all ends up, as a winger he should have been gunning for the byline or the box, job done, it was a fantastic bit of skill but all for nothing.

He also has one of the best ball killing touches in the world and could deliver so much more.

Stones, Dias has helped him, and now we are seeing the player he really is, Dias was close, both are magnificent, we have certainly found a great partnership, I believe Dias will become our long term captain, his contribution to this season has been incredible, we have certainly found a replacement for Vinnie, what a great place we find ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.