Man U support - on the decline?

bowdonblue

Just had an e-mail from a mate, in which he says -

Interestingly, just spoke to a woman who works in the ticket office at the swamp, season tickets are expected to be 20,000 down next year due to price rises.......There were 3,000 unsold tickets at the Hull game.......tick tock tick tock .......

Assuming the season tickets are £1k a pop, that's £20m reduced income for them, although I assume they will make at least half of that (pure guess) up with open ticket sales.

I have spoken to rags I know who are seriously considering sacking them off until the Glazers go, as they are sick of being ripped off.

bowdonblue said:
Just had an e-mail from a mate, in which he says -

Interestingly, just spoke to a woman who works in the ticket office at the swamp, season tickets are expected to be 20,000 down next year due to price rises.......There were 3,000 unsold tickets at the Hull game.......tick tock tick tock .......

Assuming the season tickets are £1k a pop, that's £20m reduced income for them, although I assume they will make at least half of that (pure guess) up with open ticket sales.

I have spoken to rags I know who are seriously considering sacking them off until the Glazers go, as they are sick of being ripped off.

I seriously doubt that the numbers of ST holders will drop by 20,000 in one go but it's definitely true that the Glazers ticket pricing policy has slowly eroded away some of their support and will continue to do so for as long as prices keep getting ramped up. My boss has been talking of sacking it off for years - since before the Glazers took over - but has so far renewed every year. However, his patience is wearing pretty thin now - the tipping point for him will be if they sell Shrek.

Our kid's throwing the towel in with his season ticket at the Swamp after the season ends ..... he reckons he's sick to death of being taken for granted .

I told him to calm down and have a rolo.

Hmm, doubt they would know how many people have sacked off their season ticket unless that's the number of people who have left the waiting list or something.

I know 2 guys at work who have considered scrapping their Stratford end season tickets, more down to the cup competition clause. £700 for their tickets. But the reason why they are un-decided on giving them up is because they know there will always be someone to take their place.

Numbers will decline but not at 20k a season for that reason alone. Last I heard OT hadn't sold out for tmw. That was as of Thursday.

they'll probably bring out 4 extra kits each year to compensate

wouldn't it be brilliant if they brought out a green and gold away kit for next year, it would completely negate what the anti-glazer lot are trying to do. the club would be cashing in on their idea.

come on malc...

It's inevitable that their support will wane: no ordinary working man can possibly afford to frequent the swamp as often as they'd like to.

I know two people (not friends as such, more like acquaintances) who no longer go because of the astronomical costs involved. And neither of them are what you might call 'poor'. One of them lives in a massive country house complete with tennis court, etc: he's in the import and export of vintage-cars business. I've known him for years and years, but he's really had enough of how he and his fellow supporters are being ripped-off on such a massive scale every time they go to the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.