Man U support - on the decline?

Now's our chance to seize the moment in Manchester football here. With the Rags putting up their prices and alienating their fans by the minute, it's a chance for us to announce REDUCTIONS in admission prices across the board for next season. How much would that piss off the Rag tw@ts?!!!!

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!

We need to keep a close eye on our own support, nevermind the fact that FC United will be getting bigger crowds than Man United in a few years.

Success WILL bring plenty of daytrippers and glory hunters.

Imagine City are sweeping all aside and winning trophies left, right and center and you struggle to get a ticket (after watching years of crap) 'cause some 'new blue' has decided City is now the place to be? <<SHUDDERS>>

100%MCR said:
We need to keep a close eye on our own support, nevermind the fact that FC United will be getting bigger crowds than Man United in a few years.

Success WILL bring plenty of daytrippers and glory hunters.

Imagine City are sweeping all aside and winning trophies left, right and center and you struggle to get a ticket (after watching years of crap) 'cause some 'new blue' has decided City is now the place to be? <<SHUDDERS>>

If you're lucky enought to have a season ticket, just keep renewing it!

And if we can get all the "few games a season" fans coming to every game or even buying season tickets, then I don't think there will be room for the glory hunters.

black mamba said:
Our kid's throwing the towel in with his season ticket at the Swamp after the season ends ..... he reckons he's sick to death of being taken for granted .

I told him to calm down and have a rolo.

You should have told him to get back in the garden shed. (I assume you don't let the scum bastard live in the house?) ;-)

Rincks said:
Hmm, doubt they would know how many people have sacked off their season ticket unless that's the number of people who have left the waiting list or something.

I know 2 guys at work who have considered scrapping their Stratford end season tickets, more down to the cup competition clause. £700 for their tickets. But the reason why they are un-decided on giving them up is because they know there will always be someone to take their place.

Numbers will decline but not at 20k a season for that reason alone. Last I heard OT hadn't sold out for tmw. That was as of Thursday.
There is no waiting list one of the regular rag posters on here admitted that during the summer when links were posted showing they had some on open sale

last wednesday I was speaking to a couple of rags that had been in the South Stand the previous evening and the talk came about the Glazers (as it does lol), one of them said that the away fan doesnt go near Sold Trafford now as they dont support Uncle Malc in any way.
I would have loved to inform him that no, they dont go near sold Trafford any more, but still buy their season tickets (just to enable them to get away tickets), sell them on to travel agents who then fill the seats with day trippers who spend a fortune in the "MEGA store," but didnt want to confuse the idiot.
Im worried about the reaction some of the Blues will give me when the number of day trippers from places like here escalates, although if you cant get a ticket for the home games then it will be because you didnt earn one by going to enough games in the dark old days.
Our loyalty IS about to be rewarded.

fergie.jpg

just been told

I read an article last week that said before the Glazers took over they had a ST waiting list of 30k, and a full house every week. Today the waiting list is 0 and they are not selling out.
Fingers crossed they will win f*ck all this season and watch all those glory hunting Essex boys start supporting Chelski

Overheard a Rag Season ticket holder at the Weekend, He couldn't make the Hull game and didn't even bother trying to sell his ticket on. He then told another Rag that he wasn't renewing next season.

Tick Tock.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/26/manchester-united-premier-league

Supporters find Manchester United's sales pitch off key
• United members shocked at ticket telemarketing
• Declining interest believed to be behind move

Matt Scott
The Guardian, Tuesday 26 January 2010
Article history

Manchester United have been calling members trying to sell Premier League tickets. Photograph: Don McPhee

Manchester United members were shocked on answering their telephones last week to hear a pitch from terribly polite sales teams trying to get them to buy Premier League match tickets.

One fan told Digger yesterday: "I was very surprised to have them phone me. I've never received one phone call from United trying to sell me tickets, never in my life before."

It comes to something when United are pushing general-sale tickets so hard. But Old Trafford, like almost all Premier League clubs, has suffered from a decline in interest this season in executive tickets too.

One prominent Manchester businessman, who holds more than a dozen hospitality seats said: "From the start of the season I've had emails for almost every game asking me if I want more tickets, including the Liverpool match. Now they're saying we can get seats at last year's prices if we renew by February. That sounds to me as though they're desperate for cash. I am not renewing my seats next season: I refuse to subsidise the Glazers' debt any longer."

The Manchester United Supporters' Trust, which held a demonstration around Saturday's Hull City game, debated boycotting the match. Although it did not carry through the threat, Must's chairman, Duncan Drasdo, noted the official attendance of 73,993 – which reflects tickets sold, but not seats occupied. "I have never seen gaps in the stands like that before," said Drasdo.

Could it be fans' patience has snapped? Not so, says a spokesman for United, who put the lack of ticket sales and cold-calling by sales staff down to thousands of tickets being returned when the fixture was rearranged from a midweek date.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.