Man United (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully pep decides to be ruthless and aims to kill their moral.
remind the boys what happened in 2018 and so no mercy at all. We can then coast our way over the line.

Doing the math there are 33 points to play for,
Provided they win every single game, including against us the most they can hope for is to finish with 84 points.
for us to get there we need to win 7 of our 11 remaining games. 5 if we beat them.

Last edited:
Winning the league is the most important for me pal. Champions league tends to be even more difficult with the fine margins of VAR, so it will always be tricky

Champions League is a lot of luck(with double matches and a single final) and refereeing's favour. E.g Real Madrid for one, in their triple CL road they had scandalous officiating in their favour in 2 of them in many games. It was like UEFA wanted to give them the CL trophy.

Manchester City on the contrary not only did not have any favours at all, but had referees treat it with big injustice(who can forget those Liverpool games where UEFA literally GIFTED the promotion to Liverpool) in many occasions and seasons!

Pep's Man City and all Pep's teams also, had the neverending weakness of weak defense in counterattacks of the opponent. His teams had paid that many times in CL. He dominated in the field, deserved to win and promote, yet football is such a hard and "unfair" sport that this is not enough and one counter attack, and it's over.
But this year i think City's defense is solid enough and he plays more clever than ever regarding this, keeping the last defensive line more behind than ever to prevent just that. So my hopes are big this time. Yet, football is such that you cannot have too much hopes.

That be me.... it just p****es me off that Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United fans seem to ignore what your doing this season. It's like you don't exist.... The Arsenal fan saying he views Arsenal V United bigger than City V United... he needs to stop taking those pills. I do hope you win the league quick just to shut these red f**ckers up!
Arsenal? Are they still a football club? Hahaha the level of delusion is off the scale. They are so far off the radar I only take notice once the fam channels are losing the plot which is very cleverly orchestrated. Do me a favour blud and fuck off with your poxy nonsense. Arsenal? Really! Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But this year i think City's defense is solid enough and he plays more clever than ever regarding this, keeping the last defensive line more behind than ever to prevent just that. So my hopes are big this time. Yet, football is such that you cannot have too much hopes.
I'm a realist through and through and I tell you
City's defense has turned to fuckin brilliant mate ;)

Champions League is a lot of luck(with double matches and a single final) and refereeing's favour. E.g Real Madrid for one, in their triple CL road they had scandalous officiating in their favour in 2 of them in many games. It was like UEFA wanted to give them the CL trophy.

Manchester City on the contrary not only did not have any favours at all, but had referees treat it with big injustice(who can forget those Liverpool games where UEFA literally GIFTED the promotion to Liverpool) in many occasions and seasons!

Pep's Man City and all Pep's teams also, had the neverending weakness of weak defense in counterattacks of the opponent. His teams had paid that many times in CL. He dominated in the field, deserved to win and promote, yet football is such a hard and "unfair" sport that this is not enough and one counter attack, and it's over.
I can confirm it’s build with stones .100%

Sorry about that read it through then completely fogot you had mentioned it, I am still fumming about that decision.

Ha ha I did wonder how you'd missed it, I had to read it again myself as I was doubting I'd actually written it.

Yes we cocked up big time in that second half, Atkinson helping them. To add insult to injury he booked Aguero for complaining.

McTominay is a threat in games like this, not to be taken lightly. Whatever people think of him as a player overall, he's passionate about the club and has good performances in the games that matter to fans.

He was frustratingly good defending against us in the first derby, he destroyed Leeds, scored the winner in the FA Cup in extra time last month, obviously scored against us last season.

He will be right up for this game and potentially drag others with him.

Would be smart to get him on a yellow early, have people run at him, try to isolate him, take advantage of him being pumped up for a derby and with some luck he'll get booked and be walking on eggshells for most of the game.

Do rag players actually get deserved cards - seems like their " more important" players are usually exempt.

Maguire's stranglehold on the Chelsea player as an example .

Hopefully pep decides to be ruthless and aims to kill their moral.
remind the boys what happened in 2018 and so no mercy at all. We can then coast our way over the line.

Doing the math there are 33 points to play for,
Provided they win every single game, including against us the most they can hope for is to finish with 84 points.
for us to get there we need to win 7 of our 11 remaining games. 5 if we beat them.
Or win 6 and a draw, will win it on goal difference

Last edited:
McTominay is a threat in games like this, not to be taken lightly. Whatever people think of him as a player overall, he's passionate about the club and has good performances in the games that matter to fans.

He was frustratingly good defending against us in the first derby, he destroyed Leeds, scored the winner in the FA Cup in extra time last month, obviously scored against us last season.

He will be right up for this game and potentially drag others with him.

Would be smart to get him on a yellow early, have people run at him, try to isolate him, take advantage of him being pumped up for a derby and with some luck he'll get booked and be walking on eggshells for most of the game.

Alternatively we could distract him by giving him toys to mutilate and destroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.