Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a 3-1 advantage we do not have to go gung-ho ,i can see Pep playing both Gundo and Rodri to maximise our ball retention , the Rags have no choice but to play on the front foot which will be a totally different tactic to their 2-1 victory at the Etihad , they cant play deep for 90 minutes and hope for counter attacks and this will play into our hands . Expect a fairly tight first half but as the Rags get more desperate the cracks will appear ,predict a 3-0 win with all the goals in the last 15-20 minutes.

Pep Guardiola on @ManUtd: “Their team is good. They have weapons, an enormous big squad and quality there. They can do it. They have quality in the middle, especially with Mata, Lingard, they are big talents..."

“They have incredible players up front. No Marcus Rashford, but Martial and James, a good quality of players in the middle like Greenwood. At set-pieces they have Lindelof, Maguire, Matic, strong, good full-backs - Wan-Bissaka and Shaw..."

"...and a good goalkeeper, who's an international. They have incredible weapons. When they defend deep, they can run in three or four seconds. We experienced that before, when they were incredible on the counter-attack.”

And our team is better.just spit it out pep

Concerning yellow cards:

Since 19/20 yellow cards are competition specific.
Red cards still apply across all comps.

Cut-off date for FA and EFL cup is after quarter finals (or before semis if you like).
That means you can't miss the FA cup final for accumulated yellows,

BUT in EFL cup we have TWO semis and thus you miss the final after the second yellow.
As already said, Walker and Rodri were booked in 1st leg at Old Toilet and have to take care...

Find new rules for 2019/20 here:
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/player-essentials

Pitch invasion tomorrow if we win????
That's just crossed my mind too. There would have been a time when it would definitely happen but it will probably need some kind of last minute win to trigger it.

Even though we're trying to stay calm most blues are expecting to go through so if we do I think the feeling will be happiness but not craziness.

Pep Guardiola on @ManUtd: “Their team is good. They have weapons, an enormous big squad and quality there. They can do it. They have quality in the middle, especially with Mata, Lingard, they are big talents..."

“They have incredible players up front. No Marcus Rashford, but Martial and James, a good quality of players in the middle like Greenwood. At set-pieces they have Lindelof, Maguire, Matic, strong, good full-backs - Wan-Bissaka and Shaw..."

"...and a good goalkeeper, who's an international. They have incredible weapons. When they defend deep, they can run in three or four seconds. We experienced that before, when they were incredible on the counter-attack.”

And our team is better.just spit it out pep
They've got some weapons alright

Pep Guardiola on #MCIMUN: “I know for the fans it’s important. I know how they feel. I try to be calm and not get over excited to play the game, because sometimes you forget what you do. I focus on what you have to do to win..."

“I said to the players after the first leg, be calm - we created enough chances to be four or five up and the game was open. They had the quality to do that. Relax - in this game, the more important it is to be calm and try to focus..."

“I don’t think this kind of game is won just with energy or because you feel you have to win because it’s a derby. You don’t win these games in that kind of way.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.