Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given our dreadful record this season on counter-attacks against us (not least when we played this lot), they'd have no reason not to play it sitting back and hoping to hit us on the break. Worse teams than them — yes, even than them — have done us, and done us good, using that very simple tactic. I would expect Laporte to be playing some part in this, given that he was given a complete rest at the weekend, albeit not the full ninety minutes. That will help nullify their threat, such as it is. I'd be surprised and fairly angry if we don't win this match. I'd be astounded if we don't win the tie. But, hey, eeees football, as someone said…
We do have a shit record against counter-attacks. However, Rashford would have been their most potent threat, had he been fit. Martial is dangerous at times but, by all accounts, a lazy bastard. I expect utd to be fired up for this but just don’t see that they have the fire power.

If we can’t smash the mighty jlingz and co, we might as well take up tiddlywinks.

Angelino or Zinchenko? I’m guessing it’ll be Zinchenko with Sterling playing left. Without Mendy I think Sterling starts :( I’d probably prefer Angelino and Foden/Jesus coming in off the left, but think it will be the first setup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.