Managerial changes 2024/25

Steve Bruce returns - this time it’s unlucky Blackpool.
“I am very disappointed and saddened to see Steve go, having made personal attempts to make him stay. But given the divisions within Sheffield United this has not been possible” – chief suit Carlo Colombotti, May 1999.

“We have mutually agreed that it is in both [Huddersfield]’s and Steve’s best interests that this amicable agreement has been reached” – chief suit Barry Rubery, October 2000.

“Following four incredible seasons with [Hull City] including two promotions and our first ever FA Cup final, we can confirm that manager Steve Bruce has left the club by mutual consent” – club statement, July 2016.

“[Aston Villa] would like to place on record our gratitude to Steve and his team for their hard work and commitment. We wish them well for the future” – club statement, October 2018.

“The club is disappointed to learn via a public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce” – club statement, July 2019.

Newcastle United would like to place on record its gratitude to Steve for his contribution and wishes him well for the future” – club statement, October 2021.

“[West Brom] would like to place on record its thanks to Steve Bruce and his coaching staff for their efforts since arriving in February” – club statement, October 2022.

“I’m confident that Steve’s experience and leadership qualities will be a tremendous asset for Blackpool Football Club. His organised approach coupled with his desire to build a hardworking and entertaining side is a large part of what attracted us to him” – owner Simon Sadler, September 2024.

“I am very disappointed and saddened to see Steve go, having made personal attempts to make him stay. But given the divisions within Sheffield United this has not been possible” – chief suit Carlo Colombotti, May 1999.

“We have mutually agreed that it is in both [Huddersfield]’s and Steve’s best interests that this amicable agreement has been reached” – chief suit Barry Rubery, October 2000.

“Following four incredible seasons with [Hull City] including two promotions and our first ever FA Cup final, we can confirm that manager Steve Bruce has left the club by mutual consent” – club statement, July 2016.

“[Aston Villa] would like to place on record our gratitude to Steve and his team for their hard work and commitment. We wish them well for the future” – club statement, October 2018.

“The club is disappointed to learn via a public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce” – club statement, July 2019.

Newcastle United would like to place on record its gratitude to Steve for his contribution and wishes him well for the future” – club statement, October 2021.

“[West Brom] would like to place on record its thanks to Steve Bruce and his coaching staff for their efforts since arriving in February” – club statement, October 2022.

“I’m confident that Steve’s experience and leadership qualities will be a tremendous asset for Blackpool Football Club. His organised approach coupled with his desire to build a hardworking and entertaining side is a large part of what attracted us to him” – owner Simon Sadler, September 2024.

Has he actually been a success anywhere he has managed?

Entertaining and Steve Bruce should never be on the same page, let alone the same sentence.

Was surprised he didnt leave after relegation last season
So many people hold him in high regard for what he achieved in the past and saving Carlisle from certain relegation and then getting promoted the next season, last season however, no other manager would have survived that, new owners, American, seem to have bought into the area and have spent a lot on the ground, want to build a training complex (sounds familiar) and I think they thought they would piss a lot of the fan base off by sacking the local lad, in the end the crowd finally turned on Saturday, some substantial booing and at the directors box, then he was gone.

I believe they offered him a DOF role but he turned it down in the summer, they'd also given him a fair amount to spend last jan and again in the summer.

They are looking to go Sporting Director / Head Coach route next appointments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.