Managers Changing Kit Designs

City Hobgoblin

Following on from learning that the late Tommy Docherty decided to change Chelsea‘s home kit from white to blue shorts, which other examples of this are there, and what was the psychology behind the changes?
Also, how much say do managers have in kit design these days ? ( I would guess none)

Big Mal changed City’s away kit to the black and red stripes, to look more ‘continental’ / like Milan...?
He also changed the Palace home strip to the white with red and blue sash, to look more modern / sexy...?

Revie changed Leeds home kit to all white to be like Real Madrid ...?

Did Shankly change Liverpool to all red because it’s supposedly a more aggressive/ intimidating colour?

Any other examples ?

Last edited:
Following on from learning that the late Tommy Docherty decided to change Chelsea‘s home kit from white to blue shorts, which other examples of this are there, and what was the psychology behind the changes?
Also, how much say do managers have in kit design these days ? ( I would guess none)

Big Mal changed City’s away kit to the black and red stripes, to look more ‘continental’ / like Milan...?
He also changed the Palace home strip to the white with red and blue sash, to look more modern / sexy...?

Did Shankly change Liverpool to red because it’s supposedly a more aggressive/ intimidating colour?

Any other examples ?
Well I never. Club I can't talk about on here had the same kit as the raggies.

Did Shankly change Liverpool to all red because it’s supposedly a more aggressive/ intimidating colour?

Any other examples ?
Malcolm had the white shirt with a sash as a City away kit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.