Manc or not (Merged)

Not

Dad from Openshaw, mum from Salford. Spent my first 4 months on the planet in Whitefield but then the family moved to Scotland where I grew up.

In my eyes though Manchester has shaped who I am. My accent, the words I use, the football team I love, the way I dress, the music I listen too, my extended family and my history are all linked to the city.

When I go to Manchester it's like coming home, I don't feel any real affinity to Scotland (It's what I know rather than who I am). So no as much as I'd like too I can't claim to be a Mancunian but I feel like one and that's good enough for me.

Manc born in st marys.
Mum and dad both from ancoats,but lived in beswick till i was 9 then moved to burnage where i stayed until i met the missus 17 years ago and moved to denton where i now live.
Dad died over 20 years ago and still miss him to this day,i would love nothing more than to be able to take him to the match like he took me when i was a nipper,he would be loving what is going on with our great club now.

Manc (Withington Hospital) Moved to Chester when I was 12 from Burnage still find it funny as rags always say support your local team they really don't like my response of I do DO YOU???

Born in Dublin moved to Manchester when I was 4. Went to St Caths and St Marks (Barlow for you youngsters) in Didsbury.

Now live in Ramsbottom and had a season ticket/card for many moons. My 4 year old has his own season card now. He'll have it (in footballing terms) a lot easier than me.

Was born in a European country where all the English speakers supported the rags or Liverpool.

Admittedly when I was really young I was a rag too and then something clicked and I became a blue. It was all a bit too plastic for me.

I have a Southern accent and have to admit sometimes I get the odd look from a 'real' manc when I go to the odd game. Might be because of my 'posh' accent, might be cus I'm ugly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.