Manc or not (Merged)

m27 said:
Salfordian.

Not a single Blue on my Mum and Dad's side. Dad was even on United's books until being released at 16.

First games I was taken to were at Old Trafford, including a couple of European games, when I was 8 years old in 1984. I hated the place and the people instantly. My Dad hadn't been for years and was also taken aback by how much things had changed (he never went a massive amount anyway due to him playing semi-pro).

Then, I remember the day vividly, I was pissing about on my bike outside and my Dad comes out, "Fancy going to Maine Road?" "Where?" "Maine Road, City's ground. They're playing Crystal Palace." "Yeah. Ok."

No word of a lie, I fell in love with the place instantly. Bearing in mind I'd been to a packed Old Trafford for European games, I was now at a 2nd Division game (1984-85 season) with the ground at 2/3 capacity at best but I loved it and I was hooked. The best thing was, so was my Dad! We've been going ever since and his season ticket is next to me. He hates the c*nts with a passion. Bizarre in a way.

Just remember, it takes a 'special' kind of crowd and club which makes an eight year old think, "Who are these bellends? It's shit here" and to make a grown man change allegiances - but it takes a genuinely special club to provide a real alternative.

We chose City rather than City choosing us. I'm proud of that.

You told me you were born 'out of wedlock' yet i've checked my Gtr M/cr A-Z and i can't find that anywhere?

mcfc said:
manc

me dad was a rag, and took me to the swamp my first match, it was the derby
and i said i like the blue ones he said no its the red ones we like, i dug my heals in and said no blues, and that how i became blue it was the shirt lol
Bloody Glory Hunter ;o)

1_barry_conlon said:
m27 said:
Salfordian.

Not a single Blue on my Mum and Dad's side. Dad was even on United's books until being released at 16.

First games I was taken to were at Old Trafford, including a couple of European games, when I was 8 years old in 1984. I hated the place and the people instantly. My Dad hadn't been for years and was also taken aback by how much things had changed (he never went a massive amount anyway due to him playing semi-pro).

Then, I remember the day vividly, I was pissing about on my bike outside and my Dad comes out, "Fancy going to Maine Road?" "Where?" "Maine Road, City's ground. They're playing Crystal Palace." "Yeah. Ok."

No word of a lie, I fell in love with the place instantly. Bearing in mind I'd been to a packed Old Trafford for European games, I was now at a 2nd Division game (1984-85 season) with the ground at 2/3 capacity at best but I loved it and I was hooked. The best thing was, so was my Dad! We've been going ever since and his season ticket is next to me. He hates the c*nts with a passion. Bizarre in a way.

Just remember, it takes a 'special' kind of crowd and club which makes an eight year old think, "Who are these bellends? It's shit here" and to make a grown man change allegiances - but it takes a genuinely special club to provide a real alternative.

We chose City rather than City choosing us. I'm proud of that.

You told me you were born 'out of wedlock' yet i've checked my Gtr M/cr A-Z and i can't find that anywhere?

Your words Bazza, sometimes they really hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.