Manchester and ID cards

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7859097.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7859097.stm</a>

As long as I've got a hole in my arse, I will never carry one.
Cue, "well I've got nothing to hide... it'll stop terrorism" posts from the sheep.

As the cards become more widely available, the whole country will see real benefits
Jacqui Smith, Home Secretary

Bullshit
People will actually get these in herds -like lambs to the slaughter - and I think companies will eventually start to force you to get them.People will eventually start to think its 'normal' to carry one of these
The question that needs answering is 'WHY' do you need one?

Not that I'm bothered about these in anyway *honest*

We are supposed to live in a democracy here in the United Kingdom, yet we have a third of all the worlds CCTV cameras, the police force is now the political police of the State, you can be arrested finger printed DNA profile obtained and kept on a data base for nothing more than a malicious allegation that never reaches court, we have cameras in our wheelie bins ,anti terror laws used to spy on law abiding citizens, we have politicians trying to push through laws where you can be detained for up to 4 weeks without charge, the list goes on.

Now ID cards the UK government is seriously paranoid, the old USSR now looks tame by comparison.

Stamp them onto childrens foreheads (so they don't lose it) until they're old enough to have a driving liscence/own passport etc

Totally useless for the vast majority of adults.

I've still got a paper driving licence and I get shit for that. So they can stick their I.D cards up their arses.

pee dubya said:
Stamp them onto childrens foreheads (so they don't lose it) until they're old enough to have a driving liscence/own passport etc

Totally useless for the vast majority of adults.
It won’t be long before newborns are DNA profiled at birth, impregnated with a micro chip, which are scanned and updated annually.

lets face it dogs have had silicone micro chips for years without problems, this government would do it now if it could.

LEE BRADBURY said:
We are supposed to live in a democracy here in the United Kingdom, yet we have a third of all the worlds CCTV cameras, the police force is now the political police of the State, you can be arrested finger printed DNA profile obtained and kept on a data base for nothing more than a malicious allegation that never reaches court, we have cameras in our wheelie bins ,anti terror laws used to spy on law abiding citizens, we have politicians trying to push through laws where you can be detained for up to 4 weeks without charge, the list goes on.

Now ID cards the UK government is seriously paranoid, the old USSR now looks tame by comparison.

The book '1984' springs to mind where everyone was followed around by cameras in the streets of Russia and the world gasped in horror,that was until the governments of the West started to think maybe it wasnt such a bad idea>Hey presto the cameras slowly arrived and we were told that the cameras are tthere for our own safety !!!!!!

Micro-chips willl be next..for our own safety?
Please dont scoff at this idea cos they have already got the technology for it,its just a matter of implementing it.Maybe in our or our kids lifetime maybe sooner

LEE BRADBURY said:
we have cameras in our wheelie bins.

Shit, I put some cans and bottles in the wrong bin last week. I'll be put on some subversive list for that now.

This whole 1984... be a good german... sends shivers through me. But I know this country will just accept it like the apathetic zombie nation we are. I don't expect another Poll-tax style riot, just an orderly queue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.