"Manchester City are the champions"

I thought "champignones" was Spanish for mushrooms - like the French "champignons"

No wonder the Rags fans shout it - at their ground they're kept in the dark and constantly showered in shit -just like the real thing!

crazyg said:
I thought "champignones" was Spanish for mushrooms - like the French "champignons"

No wonder the Rags fans shout it - at their ground they're kept in the dark and constantly showered in shit -just like the real thing!

Ha ha, you deserve a round of applause for that !

robsta said:
80,000 ? Where did that figure come from. I think over the years it might have been said that 80,000 claimed to have been there on the day. And I'm one of them but then I've got photographic proof that I was.

My wife and I were there - I think the crowd was more like 50,000

What a day, thanks for posting it

Remenber stopping of for a pint on the way to Newcastle and meeting some Sunderland fans on the way to the scumbags. They said they would beat em. On the way back we were so up we saw signs for Glasgow we were going wrong way ....happy days CTID....

I was 18 and drove my Dad's mini with him and a couple of mates. Got a bit lost on the outskirts of Newcastle so stopped to ask directions. I couldn't understand a bloody word.

We got to the ground early and a few lads were having a kick around outside. I remember seeing Mike Doyle comming along and kicking the ball back to them.

A great, great day.

Re:

mancunial said:
That day will live in my memory for evermore traveling up on maines coach from dukinfield on the morning if the game, I was in the open end but city were in every stand mainly in the leezes end, the sound of champions all around the ground with score at 4/ 2 with city fans all on the edge of the turf only for Newcastle to make it 4/ 3, it was the most gut wrenching I have ever felt, knowing we had to win it, then the final whistle with the sound of cliff Richard singing congratulations coming out of the loud speakers, it didn't matter that united had lost city were champions, when I came out of the ground I decide to walk around the ground, city fans were everywhere all sat on the pavements drinking out of cans, not one ounce of trouble, their had to be at least 30 thousand there, I got the impression that the Geordies enjoyed it as much as city, the league game the year after was a totally different story. The ecstasy that season was complete. I want it again.
The atmosphere you could cut it with a knife and take a piece home with you. At the end of that game my nerves were shot.Never watched a game like that since ,i dont think my nerves could stand it .City and Newcastle fans all mixed together which at the time i was a bit worried but i didnt hear or see any trouble which i thought was fantastic considering football violence then was worse then than it is now .Coming home on the train the fans were carrying lumps of turf from the pitch they must have dug half the field up.

Watched that and tiers started rolling down my face. God chose this current squad to be the next City team to win the league. lets all of us show the team and the football world what it means to us.

It was awesome. Just awesome. Impossible to describe the emotion.

Forty four years ago, but still incredibly fresh in the memory.

The poor quality of the video makes it difficult to see just how good Neil Young's first goal actually was.

Re: "Manchester City are the champions"

My dad was there said it was a amazing. Always says there was a horrific road accident that he witnessed on the way back home.

I think that his abiding memory of the day more than winning the league. Plus the fact the rags were on 1st in colour on MOTD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.