"Manchester City have a wonderful band of supporters"

black mamba said:
Dodge MCFC said:
oakiecokie said:
Why ?? I`ve seen a Gloucester and/or Cheltenham one at City !!

Its sorta like Chelmsford is just around the corner from upton park . Dont worry about it too much .......

-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm --

mrjxf14 said:
cheltenhan and gloucester have been following city for donkeys years,home and away and europe,great set of lads,me and a few mates managed to get on their coach going to barnsley in the eighties,they picked us up in wythenshawe enroute....top lads

Yeah we bumped into the Cheltenham lads at Blackburn away last season , had a few beers with them at the ferncourt ...... top lads , and lasses !

Hehe ......

you won't be having a few beers with them at the Fernhurst this season , 'Dodge' ..... not if that new landlord there has his way !

Yeah we heard lol .

Around 6,000 blues crammed into the ferncourt on that very hot autumn day ....... drank em dry aswell :)

mancityvstoke said:
black mamba said:
Dodge MCFC said:
Its sorta like Chelmsford is just around the corner from upton park . Dont worry about it too much .......

Yeah we bumped into the Cheltenham lads at Blackburn away last season , had a few beers with them at the ferncourt ...... top lads , and lasses !

Hehe ......

you won't be having a few beers with them at the Fernhurst next time around , 'Dodge' ..... not if that new landlord there has his way !

Think its the brewery thats done the place up and wants families only.

Huge mistake.

Absolutely .......

can't really imagine that the pub is gonna attract much meal trade with families when a game at Ewood is on anyway .

Dodge MCFC said:
black mamba said:
Dodge MCFC said:

-- Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 pm --

Hehe ......

you won't be having a few beers with them at the Fernhurst this time around , 'Dodge' ..... not if that new landlord there has his way !

Yeah we heard lol .

Around 6,000 blues crammed into the ferncourt on that very hot autumn day ....... drank em dry aswell :)

I wonder if they'll make that much money on a Saturday afternoon with meal deals !

mancityvstoke said:
baildon blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Yes we have supporters coming from Cheltenham to watch City home matches.

since Maine Road days too....since the 70's too

There used to be regular coachloads from Chelmsford to Manchester in the 70's - During the season a load of them used to go to Maine Road before going down to the Torch in Stoke for the all-nighter.

Happy days.

Lavinda Past said:
mancityvstoke said:
baildon blue said:
Yes we have supporters coming from Cheltenham to watch City home matches.

since Maine Road days too....since the 70's too

There used to be regular coachloads from Chelmsford to Manchester in the 70's - During the season a load of them used to go to Maine Road before going down to the Torch in Stoke for the all-nighter.

Happy days.

Chelmsford ?

or Cheltenham ?

I overheard a family of Watford fans chatting after the game, a dad and two sons one about 17 and the other about 9. The dad was telling them how intimidating Maine Road used to be and the noise that the Kippax made the two sons couldn't believe how quiet the ground was and they appeared disappointed.

I never had the heart or arrogance to say its because we couldn't be arsed with little Watford!
Or why did you sing about united etc.
But the kids had a point the atmosphere was pretty flat as it is most home games in my opinion.

swedishcityfan said:
Loyal to their team, yes, but also loyal to those who have done them no wrong. In the eyes of City fans, the manager is a magician. To reclaim the Premier League title after so many years, even with the finance available, was a monumental achievement. He therefore deserves total respect when the going gets tough, as it has done recently.
Are you watching Didsbury Dave?
Are you watching Billy Shears?
Are you watching, are you watching....

:o))

BluePurgatory said:
swedishcityfan said:
They instead chose to sell out the Etihad, roar Mancini's name and contribute to making sure the Sunday talk wasn’t fixated on player and fan unrest at what has been a trying campaign.

Manchester City have - but for a selection of coin throwers and the odd pitch invader - a wonderful band of supporters who remain fiercely loyal to their team. “Where were you when you were s**t?” asked the travelling Watford lot. “We were here,” was the reply. And they weren’t wrong.

The huge attendances at Maine Road that roared City on in what is now League One were comprised of the same folk who now swell this picturesque arena.

Loyal to their team, yes, but also loyal to those who have done them no wrong. In the eyes of City fans, the manager is a magician. To reclaim the Premier League title after so many years, even with the finance available, was a monumental achievement. He therefore deserves total respect when the going gets tough, as it has done recently.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/01/06/3651803/temperamental-mancini-still-the-darling-of-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... ester-city</a>

I know it's nothing new for anyone here, but might still be nice to read a few nice lines for once.

Wonderful supporters?? They obviously not been reading the Balo thread!
We are wonderful supporters of our TEAM through thick and thin. We do not have to support a halfwit, who earns more in a month than some supporters will do in a lifetime. You keep loving the pisstaker.

mancitymick said:
oakiecokie said:
Dodge MCFC said:
Im still laffing my bollocks off at the "Chelmsford Reds " banner at West Ham last night ......

So true. They are some of the biggest blues going. Met them a few times. Pat and his band of Merry Men are normally in the Townley when the doors open

Steady on, you'll be getting us a bad name!!
Our 37th year week in week out, all over... some fantastic Blues within Branch, totally dedicated..... oh, and like a few pints too!! The Townley's become our home since the move to Eastlands, Tony the Landlord is a top bloke. Meet many old friends in there from Middleton, Shrewsbury, Ashton, Droyslden to name a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.