Manchester City Pub

Balti said:
Is there an equivalent City pub to say the White Lion on Liverpool Road opposite the science museum? Quite a nice pub that but full of effin horrible rag pictures on the walls. I know the Circus has both City and United stuff .

It sounds like there's a couple near the ground but is there one in town?

I don't know the answer to that, but I always thought it was a great shame that the City Gates closed down. That was formerly known as the Hyde Road Hotel, and it was right next to the site of our old Hyde Road ground before it was demolished. The players used to change there before the ground had its own dressing rooms, and the club's committee meetings were held there.

It was opened up in the 1980s as a City theme pub with loads of memorabilia and with George Heslop as landlord, but the venture wasn't a success and it folded. The building was derelict for a while, and then demolished, despite the attempts of some City fans to save it.

If worst come to worst there is always Shambles square for pre match pint, Just geeting to the bar can be a task

Dyed Petya said:
Balti said:
Is there an equivalent City pub to say the White Lion on Liverpool Road opposite the science museum? Quite a nice pub that but full of effin horrible rag pictures on the walls. I know the Circus has both City and United stuff .

It sounds like there's a couple near the ground but is there one in town?

I don't know the answer to that, but I always thought it was a great shame that the City Gates closed down. That was formerly known as the Hyde Road Hotel, and it was right next to the site of our old Hyde Road ground before it was demolished. The players used to change there before the ground had its own dressing rooms, and the club's committee meetings were held there.

It was opened up in the 1980s as a City theme pub with loads of memorabilia and with George Heslop as landlord, but the venture wasn't a success and it folded. The building was derelict for a while, and then demolished, despite the attempts of some City fans to save it.

Yep a great shame that. With everything that is happening now it might have prospered if it could have survived a little longer.....

azatheblue said:
The BFB said:
Mary D's is closing down. It's being turned into a hotel apparently.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133187&hilit=Mary+D%27s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133187&hilit=Mary+D%27s</a>

yeah i heard about that mate , but then i also heard people say its just a rumour and not true

its aload of bollocks that it aint happening
i asked a mate is well in with the owner and he said its aload of rubbish

Balti said:
Dyed Petya said:

Yep a great shame that. With everything that is happening now it might have prospered if it could have survived a little longer.....

Remember George Heslop running it.I think with our current owners it would have been saved as fans would have mobilised more to keep it open.Always felt so powerless in not being able to stop it being demolished.A terrible shame.

richcity said:
azatheblue said:
yeah i heard about that mate , but then i also heard people say its just a rumour and not true

its aload of bollocks that it aint happening
i asked a mate is well in with the owner and he said its aload of rubbish

It was getting a lick of paint yesterday when I walked past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.