Manchester City ship

The mention of the loco made me do some googling.

You can buy the nameplates in 4mm scale.

A trifling £20 with p&p. Next job is to find a second-hand LNER model of Liverpool or Manchester United and rename and renumber it. Would be a nice project for anyone interested. Something that could live in a glass case.

The Manchester City loco never passed to BR as it was renamed Royal Sovereign and used to pull royal trains to Sandringham. Bit of a downgrade after being named after God's own club, but there you are.

A trifling £20 with p&p. Next job is to find a second-hand LNER model of Liverpool or Manchester United and rename and renumber it. Would be a nice project for anyone interested. Something that could live in a glass case.

The Manchester City loco never passed to BR as it was renamed Royal Sovereign and used to pull royal trains to Sandringham. Bit of a downgrade after being named after God's own club, but there you are.
It could be made into a film.
Instead of " From Here To Eternity ' it could be named -
"From Maine Road To Sandringham".

There's a project to build a new loco from the class, to be named "Spirit of Sandringham". I wonder if a donation from the boss could see a change of name to "Manchester City". (A separate project to build a new "Manchester United" loco was abandoned a couple of years ago. The money ran out.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.