Manchester City: Statistical Dominance

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I know many do not care for xG stats or discussion, but I think this xG per game stats comparison table for the PL is interesting and somewhat informative.

We currently have the highest xG, lowest xGA, and are outperforming xG the most out of any club in the league. Our xGD is 32% higher than Arsenals.

We are, by nearly every measure (xG, PPG, GD, last 10 form, competitions still competing, head-to-head, etc.) the best team in the land and (arguably) all the world.

IMG-3459.jpg

IMG-3463.jpg

IMG-3464.jpg

I care for them.

I see your xG and raise you xPTS

We have been top of all these PL stats the past 6 seasons even when Liverpool won it.

Strip the luck out and we are by far the best team.

Strangely United seem to get “lucky“ every season. Funny that.

I care for them.

I see your xG and raise you xPTS

We have been top of all these PL stats the past 6 seasons even when Liverpool won it.

Yeah, I remember someone saying on a podcast that since Pep came in (including his first season), we've had the best underlying numbers of any team in every season. Which roughly means the manager is doing his job, and if we don't win the league, the players are underperforming.

Yeah, I remember someone saying on a podcast that since Pep came in (including his first season), we've had the best underlying numbers of any team in every season. Which roughly means the manager is doing his job, and if we don't win the league, the players are underperforming.
It’s sort of the other way around
xG is more aligned with performance. Results are more aligned with performance plus good/bad luck.

@SebastianBlue Let me know if you want me to fill your thread with website links currently showing City as by far the best team in the land and all the World ;-)

There is a seat counters thread so I don’t see why we can’t have a stats one showing how great we are ;-)

Interestingly the side that wins the CL is ranked number 1 only around 50% of the time.

Last edited:
Speaking of stats, has anyone broke the news to the Red Scouse that we have more Intagram followers than them now. I usually couldn't care less about such stuff but what with it being the Dippers and all ...

@SebastianBlue Let me know if you want me to fill your thread with website links currently showing City as by far the best team in the land and all the World ;-)

Interestingly the side that wins the CL is ranked number 1 only around 50% of the time.
Liar. City are the best team in the multiverse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.