Manchester City tell Roberto Mancini he must change before

Max_Headroom

The Italian’s current deal has a year to run and the City hierarchy are expected to review the situation at their quarterly board meeting at the end of the campaign.

The club are happy that the first team have shown clear signs of progress and want to give him a new deal irrespective of whether they win the title but they feel there is a need for the manager to refine his abrasive man management approach, to be more discreet about any issues he has with the club and to work with the club on ensuring transfer policy falls into line with the demands of Financial Fair Play.

There has been speculation that City would look to a new manager such as Jose Mourinho this summer but there is no appetite in the hierarchy to create an unstable situation at the club at a time when progress is clearly being made.

Mancini, whose side are two points behind Manchester United in the title race with four games to go, has given every indication that he is prepared to sign a new deal.

“I am confident that I will continue to do this job next year,” he said. “I don’t think we have any problems because I think we have done a good job.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-change-before-they-offer-him-a-new-deal.html

'...but they feel there is a need for the manager to refine his abrasive man management approach...'

In the eyes of the Press Mancini cant win - he's either too soft on players or too abrasive. When we win the PL, either this season or the next, they will all be kissing his ass. Thats the way our illustrious press works.

Keep Roberto. I for one do not want to see us turn into another Chelsea(chopping and changing staff and creating instability , uncertainty and unrest in the dressing room) and Im sure our owners dont want that situation either.

TBF the article does highlight the one issue I have with Mancini.

His man-management is not his strong point and he should work harder in this area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.