Manchester City v Blackburn Rovers Official Matchday thread.

Fat Sam - "Man City have a tendency to over attack and we will look to exploit the gaps when that happens."

Has he watched us under Mancini?

lostgalaxy said:
Mancini tends to adapt to conditions and situations.

Think he will pick the right players for the weather. Look at Man U and Arsenal. The snow seemed to tip the balance to rugged sides who play simple solid rather than delicate football.

Even the cold was too much for Gallas. Play physically is the demand.

Also don't play 4-3-3 against Sam Allardyce because he knows it too well.

United didn't have many rugged, gritty players though. We have Vinnie, Zabaleta, De Jong, Bellamy, Tevez

I can see us hammering them tonight if the games on.

------------Given--------------
Richards-Boyata--Kompany-Zab
SWP--Dejong--Barry--Petrov
-------Tevez--Bellamy------

Robinho and RSC to make appearances

smiles said:
I can see us hammering them tonight if the games on.

------------Given--------------
Richards-Boyata--Kompany-Zab
SWP--Dejong--Barry--Petrov
-------Tevez--Bellamy------

Robinho and RSC to make appearances

Pity Santa probably won't start but I agree that should be our team for tonight.

Can see quite an empty ground tonight, I reckon most people wont be able to get there or wont risk it. Plus the inbreds will bring about 200 ...

benni mac is still a very dangerous player, and I'm glad Diouf is suspended.

fatsam's talked about getting 'a positive result'. that means he is playing for the draw.

surely he can't be intent on sitting back against a team with our strike-force. or can he?

he has a plan, you better believe it. personally I'll be happy if he doesn't play the two big lads upfront running the channels, they can cause problems, especially if we play two up front with the two wingers.

but if he goes one up front, nine behind the ball, I think a 2-0 win for city is a formality, barring them scoring from a corner. this could be an interesting tactical test for mancini. sam is a lot more streetwise than mcarthy and pulis, and he's had time to study us. maybe maybe has to pick a team/system to win the game, rather than send out the best players who are fit, in the obvious formation.

Does anyone actually know the situation regarding Santa Cruz's fitness??
I know Bobby Manc said he'll assess him at the end of last week so fingers crossed he'll make an appearance against his old club.

my team for tonight

------------------given---------------------

Zab-------Boyata---------Kompany------Garido
----------De Jong--------Gaz Baz-------------
Shauny(if fit)----------------------------Petrov
-----------Tevez--------Bellamy-------------

It would be good to see santa cruz come on at some point tonight, and then start against everton so he'll be up to speed for the utd game. would be great to have him or ade for that one, i've got a feeling ade will be back for that one, as long as he's feeling ok after what happened

A gritty and business performance needed tonight. very happy with a 1-0 win
have you noticed that of the games that have gone ahead this weekend havnt been that favourable for the fav's.

come on city

Given

Richards
Kompany
Boyata
Garrido

SWP
De Jong
Barry
Petrov

Tevez
Robinho

Bellamy as arule plays once a week so for me, we should win this any way and we will need Bellers at Goodison more. 2-0 win tonight but wrap up warm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.