Manchester City v Manchester United, FA Cup 4th round 1955.

Great footage , however even in the fifties and evwn before munich the media bullshit / propagnda is there, QUOTE ..." for the record books show they've (rags) usually won" . A quick search using this very website shows Manchester City v Manchester United results ( not including Newton heath , different club) upto this match were as follows ..matches played 47 , City wins 15 , draws 18 , rags wins 14 ...as you can see " they usually win"...I'm not bitter as I wasn't even born , but this shows exactly what we have always been up against !
Anyway fuck ,'em

Great footage , however even in the fifties and evwn before munich the media bullshit / propagnda is there, QUOTE ..." for the record books show they've (rags) usually won" . A quick search using this very website shows Manchester City v Manchester United results ( not including Newton heath , different club) upto this match were as follows ..matches played 47 , City wins 15 , draws 18 , rags wins 14 ...as you can see " they usually win"...I'm not bitter as I wasn't even born , but this shows exactly what we have always been up against !
Anyway fuck ,'em
I watched this last week and remembered him saying that. Strange thing to say. The only thing I can think of is if they'd had a good run of wins against us..or like you say, they were right up their arses even then.

Anyway fuck ,'em

Even stranger was the fact that we'd won the previous three Maine Road Derbies and hadn't lost to United home or away since 1951.
We also won 5-0 at Old Trafford a fortnight after this game.

I can only assume that the original footage was aimed at the national cinema audience, and the commentator was basing his comments around United emerging as a top team and City still consolidating.

Anyway fuck ,'em
Don't know what the stats are for FA Cup but he does say when they meet in the cup

Edit: No you're right he doesn't mention the cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.