Manchester City V Spurs. FA Cup Quarter Final. Riot on pitch

MCC

Deep behind enemy lines and on the attack
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxO8IJ9D8BA[/youtube]

2 mins 40 in - what a goal by Terry!

Then we had the mini riot and I remember the police horses coming on to the pitch (6 mins 40) and some of the horses had a slash on the pitch. The piss stains were painted over green and were visible for a long time after.

my first city game i was 15 and shit my pants with the pitch invasion i think someone threw thaeyr season ticket on the pitch lol

i was there with my dad. he played footy that day and split his head open. they called an ambulance and insisted he went to the hospital. he refused coz he had promised to take me and i was ded excited.

he kept the wound closed using butterfly stitches and off we went.

the pitch invasion happened, i wanted to go on the pitch and he would not let me.

coz of his botched stitching, blood started seaping from his head as we left the ground.

i remember people pointing at him and saying to one another 'theres one of the thugs who were causing the trouble'. he was well embarrassed.

he ended up getting stitches in the end, but he has a large scar on his forehead ever since.

happy days...

I got nicked outside for fighting, arresting officer said after charge and caution, "what's your reply?" I answered, " I just came out for chicken rice and peas on great western st and you grabbed me!"

I was young then

went to that game but its a total blur ,what score was is it when the teams went off ?

That was fuckin mental! When those horses came on i thought the place was going to erupt, i remember that game very, very well as i was only 16 and in the melee outside, i got bitten on the knee by a police dog, the dog handler was a prick, he let the dog 'nip' a few lads that day.

sky tot said:
went to that game but its a total blur ,what score was is it when the teams went off ?
It was after Phelan scored our 2nd and made it 2-4. That was the mad thing for me. The invasion was sparked by us scroing and not by them. You'd think it would have been their 3rd or 4th, and when we knew we were out, that it would spark that reaction.

I remember that game...anticipation and blind faith told
us that was our year...spurs were missing barmby...we thought we'd just have to turn
up...

Comprehensively out played...we were shocking... Phelans goal was class though :-)
it definetly sparked the pitch invasion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.