Manchester City V Spurs. FA Cup Quarter Final. Riot on pitch

BL2blue said:
mackenzie said:
Do you remember someone from City (one of the major shareholders, but can't remember his name now) going on GMR after the Bury match and having a right old rant?

Was pretty unprecedented for its time.

He wasn't happy.

Yes it was David Makin - he wasnt a shareholder at the time but someone who was part of a group preparing a takeover bid. And he was spot on, pretty much articulating most City fans' views.

Got to say the Bury game was the lowest point for me.

That's not correct.

He was a shareholder when he made that call, his wife held 10% of the club.

He wanted to oust Franny Lee, that's why he did what he did.

The full transcript of his call is in the book "Blue Moon Rising".

I got nicked 10 weeks after the game after city & the evening news published 32 pictures of city fans wanted for the pitch invasion. I got charged with pitch encroachment, recieved a three month banning order from the courts, my ban was nearly over by the time the new season started.

City cancelled my season ticket and city sent me a letter saying that i am banned for life, hence my season ticket being in my brothers name for the past 17 years.

Sometimes im glad that im on level 2 at the coms as there has being a few occations when ive been tempted to get on the pitch and slap a player.

if results go well, may 5th could finally put to bed this match and the 81 final, just think what we could go on to achieve! would love to pip spuds for forth spot by a point!!!!!!!!

I have to say that this result/performance etc still hurts now. I was absolutely convinced it was us going to Wemberlee.

It broke my heart this game.

I looked forwards to this game for days and after trudging away from the Kippax it took months to get over it.

In fact i dont think i ever have.........i have been cynical ever since and never let City let me believe we will win a game of consequence again.

I know we have won imporatant games since..........but since this day that element of doubt is always there !!

got on the pitch at the platt lane end and had a quick dance about, as i was climbing back over the wall i saw a bloke slip and smash his teeth out on the wall, he spent about 20 mins looking for his teeth to the delight of those about him. class.

One of my first games on my own with my mates this, was in the kippax and thought I'd partake in the pitch invasion just so I could say I'd been on the pitch at maine road (daft I know). Was on my toes like linford when them horses came on though, oh to be young and daft again eh. ;0)

8 mins 38, a very young me!

was this the first time we used the Umbro stand? We used to go on the Kippax before and moved when this opened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.