Manchester councils new chairs

Show me a cheaper set of chairs that will last for several years in a public building.

imgres

Having worked in the public sector, I recommend that the office staff ought to be assigned hospital gurneys considering the amount of time they have off sick.

Town hall pen-pushers can’t provide exact costings because it would take too long to search their accounts.

LibDem John Leech says:

“For a council that claims poverty and blames Government cuts every single time… their ability to find pockets of money for vanity projects is utterly incredible, and absolutely shameless.”

From order order .com

Are they attempting to find out how much to the nearest dime? I would have thought that half a dozen clicks of a computer keyboard would do the trick. They can't find out the cost of a chair but can spend £100m's rather more easily. I'm intrigued by the '6 Vitra office chairs'! Whose arses will be sitting in those? The cleaners at the Town Hall? The mail room staff on their tea break? It's public money and it can be pissed up the wall. Just let the public ask for a slice of their money to spend on something that benefits them and we'll get the usual mantra 'We have to be careful - it's public money were spending'!

It is but the fact its so overpriced for some fucking chairs only highlights how incompetent they are.
How much do you think chairs for public buildings intended for local people should cost then? If I was going to choose a library to sit in I wouldnt want one with just 'some fucking chairs' but maybe other people dont mind. Anyway, what would you say is a reasonably priced public building chair?

Are they attempting to find out how much to the nearest dime? I would have thought that half a dozen clicks of a computer keyboard would do the trick. They can't find out the cost of a chair but can spend £100m's rather more easily. I'm intrigued by the '6 Vitra office chairs'! Whose arses will be sitting in those? The cleaners at the Town Hall? The mail room staff on their tea break? It's public money and it can be pissed up the wall. Just let the public ask for a slice of their money to spend on something that benefits them and we'll get the usual mantra 'We have to be careful - it's public money were spending'!
Im all for keeping an eye on the public purse and that, but the chair I put my ass in at home came from DFS and cost the same as these new ones the council have bought. Ive had it 2 years and sit in daily and its starting to be pretty worn. If different people were getting in and out of it in a public place it would be even wornerer. And yes, I know that isnt a word. But I like how it sounds. I dont see an issue with the price of the chairs but I like how people jump on the enraged bandwagon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.