Manchester in the 1960s

I remember them as a nipper when we lived in Hyde for a few years (early 60s). Stalybridge Hyde Mossley Dukinfield wasn't it? Local transport for local people. ;-)

Indeed.

2du9eyr.jpg

2rzutnc.jpg

Please tell me Beatties model shop is still there ? Deansgate if I remember .. opposite sunlight house ? (Ish)

Wasn't there a bombed out hotel next to Victoria bus station? I seem to remember a big black shell every time I went into town.
Yes I once saw a Rat as big as a Cat one evening running out of that derelict building. It became a car park and Urbis the National football museum is slap bang where that building once stood.

Please tell me Beatties model shop is still there ? Deansgate if I remember .. opposite sunlight house ? (Ish)

Beatties closed down many years ago, as did The Model Shop on the corner of Deansgate and Bootle Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatties_of_London

There was another good model shop on Old Street in Ashton under Lyne called Ashton Models run by a Charlie Jackson which was really good, again, now long gone.

The Moon club in Dukinfield

That f*cking place got me a kicking off the police, walking home from there with a mate.

"Where have you lads come from" says the friendly policeman ?
"The moon" pipes up my mate.
"Whats your name"
"David Bowie" says my mate (Who`s name was David Bowie)
"Oh funny lad is it" as him and the other c*nt in uniform "Detain" us for a little chat.

Beatties closed down many years ago, as did The Model Shop on the corner of Deansgate and Bootle Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatties_of_London

There was another good model shop on Old Street in Ashton under Lyne called Ashton Models run by a Charlie Jackson which was really good, again, now long gone.
Used to spend plenty of time in the Ashton one buying Airfix models as a kid. Quality shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.