Manchester MP was City fan

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Didn't he run a supporters club branch at one stage ?

In the spirit of the House of Commons, I would refer the right honourable gentleman to my previous post.........

Just skimmed it and thought you just saw him there, apologies.

I am a close friend of his brother Mark a brilliant musician and also a blue to his core. Paul was kind, caring and always did his best to help those less advantaged in our society, he will be sadly missed by all his family, friends and colleagues a true blue to the end RIP Paul.

Zabbasbeard said:
Very sad to hear of his death especially at such a young age. To all accounts a very decent man and Blue. RIP Blue.

Yes, I knew him. My mother was his secretary at CAP many years ago before he left for pastures new into politics
He was a very decent man from what I remember and I used to see him regular and as a 15 yr old I used to talk city to him quite often.
RIP PAUL

manchester blue said:
His dad was my wife's headmaster at school and he was also a Division One referee at the time. RIP blue.

Would that be John Goggins , headmaster of St Gerards / St Matthews , seem to remember him coming out of the crowd at Maine Road one game when one of the officials either took ill or got injured , am I imagining this ?

I was involved a little with the Westminster Blues - it was sponsored (as everything in the Palace of Westminster has to be) by the two MP's mentioned, and most of our members were involved in and around politics including (if I remember right) Lucy Powell who is now a Manchester MP herself. Sadly families, work commitments and careers moving away from politics meant the thing folded after a while as some of the key guys drifted off.

I didn't share Paul's politics - but I'm lucky enough to have spent some time with him and can confirm he was both a thoroughly decent guy and blue to the core. RIP.

kippaxed54 said:
I was involved a little with the Westminster Blues - it was sponsored (as everything in the Palace of Westminster has to be) by the two MP's mentioned, and most of our members were involved in and around politics including (if I remember right) Lucy Powell who is now a Manchester MP herself. Sadly families, work commitments and careers moving away from politics meant the thing folded after a while as some of the key guys drifted off.

I didn't share Paul's politics - but I'm lucky enough to have spent some time with him and can confirm he was both a thoroughly decent guy and blue to the core. RIP.

I still have the private letter Mr Goggins sent all ex employees that worked @ Remploy Print in Wythenshawe, a very polite & helpful gent if I may say, unfortunately all his work was in vain when the Government closed all the factories for the Disabled work force! It is my time in life to struggle to justify my season ticket having been a s/t holder for 40 yrs. (Still out of work:( RIP Blue (Paul G)

Very saddened to hear of the death of Paul Goggins who was one of the nicest and most sincere people you could wish to meet. The Goggins family were all big supporters of City. They were from Moston and the father John was Headmaster at St Gerrards, a referee and a Musical Director. John is a top bloke and CIty through and through. His sons Paul and Mark were big blues also.

My thoughts are with the family, RIP Paul, taken too soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.