Manchester sold itself to Abu Dhabi’s elite - Guardian article

Blue Smarties

What a crock of shit this is from Aditya Chakrabortty. Large parts of the city would have remained a deprived shit hole if it wasn’t for this investment - just look at parts of Liverpool that remain underdeveloped.

What a crock of shit this is from Aditya Chakrabortty. Large parts of the city would have remained a deprived shit hole if it wasn’t for this investment - just look at parts of Liverpool that remain underdeveloped.

There are a number of accusations in this piece which should be easy to refute. Was the land sold at less than value? Are the leases provided out of line? Is it true that no affordable housing has been built and are the reasons not correct?
Should be easy for the council to blow this out of the water or at least to provide some explanation. Although it is typical of the Guardian to attack anything to do with City, this is a Labour council they are going after which isn't typical.

Probably the worst article of the year, he’s probably a Rag or Dipper looking for clicks from the anti City brigade, I hope if he ever comes anywhere near our Club he get a ton of shit thrown at him. It’s disgraceful that our owners are castigated for regenerating parts of Manchester by slimey little toads like him, what a complete wanker.

It’s never ending hate campaign by these yank owned media all coming from there beloved teams are not top dog! Football seems to make intelligent people thick as fuck jealous fuckers and all this is being backed by yanks who will ruin English’s football in the long run!

What an utterly strange article? What is its aim exactly? To say that a foreign man cant run a business in the UK? Bit racist isnt it? As the OP mentioned the area has been totally improved considerably. I live abroad now but i once lived down that way. It was a shithole. Its now not, what's the problem with that? Further, as businessman its obvious that he would try and get the best deal possible...why wouldn't he? The v v basics of business are to do exactly that. If Manchester Council were willing to sell for x amount of money the Sheik would've been totally mad to say "No let me pay more". And of course he "pockets money" from it....again that's how business works. Looking at all the facts this is v clearly an attack on City by someone who presumably is jealous of our success and jealousy is a strong emotion for people it seems.

What an utterly strange article? What is its aim exactly? To say that a foreign man cant run a business in the UK? Bit racist isnt it? As the OP mentioned the area has been totally improved considerably. I live abroad now but i once lived down that way. It was a shithole. Its now not, what's the problem with that? Further, as businessman its obvious that he would try and get the best deal possible...why wouldn't he? The v v basics of business are to do exactly that. If Manchester Council were willing to sell for x amount of money the Sheik would've been totally mad to say "No let me pay more". And of course he "pockets money" from it....again that's how business works. Looking at all the facts this is v clearly an attack on City by someone who presumably is jealous of our success and jealousy is a strong emotion for people it seems.

especially when you see his articles about racism and he comes out with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.