Manchester - the City Years: Tracing the Story of Manchester City from the 1860s to the Modern Day

No, unfortunately not. It’s an expensive book to produce and no publisher wants to gamble on it. I’d love to update it of course.

I post much of my writing to www.GJFootballArchive.com

Is there anyone at the club who can help get it published?

The front cover would be Pep with the treble trophies.

Considering our growth over the last years, I could the market for this would be very big.

No, unfortunately not. It’s an expensive book to produce and no publisher wants to gamble on it. I’d love to update it of course.

I post much of my writing to www.GJFootballArchive.com

Gary's writings are available for like £20 a year, the price of a few pints in town. What he does is very important, its the link between Pep's City and the hundred and twenty year history.

More importantly than that, his writing is entertaining and informative.

There's loads of us who wish to remember the links between City pre-2008 and post-2008 and supporting and promoting this sort of stuff is how we achieve this. People who argue and say that we have a history, well it's right there for you.

£20 quid was one of the best purchases I ever made. Don't let the Sky Sports generation erase our past. Stick a few quid to preserve it.

Gary's writings are available for like £20 a year, the price of a few pints in town. What he does is very important, its the link between Pep's City and the hundred and twenty year history.

More importantly than that, his writing is entertaining and informative.

There's loads of us who wish to remember the links between City pre-2008 and post-2008 and supporting and promoting this sort of stuff is how we achieve this. People who argue and say that we have a history, well it's right there for you.

£20 quid was one of the best purchases I ever made. Don't let the Sky Sports generation erase our past. Stick a few quid to preserve it.

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. Writing and researching is a difficult, often isolated, experience (and costly!) so reading comments like yours are really great. I really appreciate it. I've always been motivated by telling the right stories and by doing the detailed research needed to make things right, while trying to entertain the reader of course. I know some publishers and writers churn material out - I've never wanted to do that. I'm always greateful whenever someone buys a book or subscribes to my site. It's a real privilege for me knowing my words are read and appreciated. Thanks so much.

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. Writing and researching is a difficult, often isolated, experience (and costly!) so reading comments like yours are really great. I really appreciate it. I've always been motivated by telling the right stories and by doing the detailed research needed to make things right, while trying to entertain the reader of course. I know some publishers and writers churn material out - I've never wanted to do that. I'm always greateful whenever someone buys a book or subscribes to my site. It's a real privilege for me knowing my words are read and appreciated. Thanks so much.
Agree about churning stuff out. After Teenage Kicks me and Andrew thought about writing another book together and brainstormed ideas and came up with writing about all the players who played once for City " One Hit Wonders".
I wrote down all the names.... looked at them all and my heart just wasn't in it and I said I didn't want to write a book for the sake of writing a book. My 4 books have been about things I'm passionate about, if the subject isn't in my heart then it isn't in me, like you say, to spend hours in a library or just sat at the desk typing away endlessly....

My 60% written latest effort excites me though (not City related).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.