Manchester United (A) | EFL Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson has to play. The cups have taken on a greater significance this season with the league being over already. Bravo is likely leaving in the summer so there isn’t a need to keep him happy but if Pep wants to remain loyal to him play him in the league instead. We have to win the cups this season and bravo doesn’t help that.

Ederson
Walker
Garcia
Rodri
Fernandinho
Mendy
Gundogan
Bernardo
Kdb
Sterling
Jesus

Yes the lineup will probably be close to this(3-4-2-1), may be Mahrez instead of Bernardo. Playing with 3 in the back will give us more control on the long balls, but we will lose some of the attacking power on the wings. We should be controlling the game but not score too many goals just 3-0 :)

Last edited:
Ederson
Walker
Garcia
Fernandinho
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Mahrez
Aguero

4-3-3
Ederson

Walker
Stones
Garcia
Mendy

De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Bernardo

Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

We need our most mobile defenders to negate the pace of United’s front three, and would be fantastic to see Fernandinho back in his natural habitat protecting the back 4 snuffing out any danger, and alongside KDB and Bernie, United won’t get a kick in midfield

4-3-3
Ederson

Walker
Stones
Garcia
Mendy

De Bruyne
Fernandinho
Bernardo

Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

We need our most mobile defenders to negate the pace of United’s front three, and would be fantastic to see Fernandinho back in his natural habitat protecting the back 4 snuffing out any danger, and alongside KDB and Bernie, United won’t get a kick in midfield
Yep agreed but wheres rodri im pretty certain he will play in defence.

Yep agreed but wheres rodri im pretty certain he will play in defence.
No Rodri for me, our best and only chance of winning silverware is going back to Fernandinho sitting in front of the back 4; I know most on here have written Stones off but at the start of last season Pep pretty much settled on a back 4 of Walker, Stones, Laporte and Mendy with Fernandinho in front and we kept 5 clean sheets in our first 8 league games, a club record, including a 0-0 at Anfield; we have never been right and unbalanced defensively since Pep started to tinker with it as he does, and obviously Laporte being injured this season has made a bad situation far worse; I still have faith in a Stones-Laporte partnership with Fernandinho in front, anything else and I believe we’ll end up empty handed this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.