Manchester United's high moral ground

Gar said:
I'm sure every penny in Sheik's bank account is squeeky clean. In fact, every owner of every big club in Europe is an honest bloke who hasn't made any money unethically. Seriously, your team is an a path of massive ascention and you're favorites to win the F.A Cup today. How do you have time for this?
I was going to say this. I have no love for United, disgusting club if you ask me, but there is no moral high ground in the world of business - and football clubs are businesses. Show me a billionaire and I'll show you a clinical opportunist without morals (at least when it comes to making money).

But all this is beside the point. Its all jealousy and it shouldn't bother you.

Gar said:
I'm sure every penny in Sheik's bank account is squeeky clean. In fact, every owner of every big club in Europe is an honest bloke who hasn't made any money unethically. Seriously, your team is an a path of massive ascention and you're favorites to win the F.A Cup today. How do you have time for this?

The Sheikh is rich because he sells oil, and makes large investments in other companies. Louis Edwards was rich because he sold poisonous meat to schoolchildren. There's a bit of a difference

Damocles said:
Gar said:

The Sheikh is rich because he sells oil, and makes large investments in other companies. Louis Edwards was rich because he sold poisonous meat to schoolchildren. There's a bit of a difference

My Dad , 68 , always calls him the bent butcher.

Pigeonho said:
Even the night before the biggest game of our modern history, a thread appears about our neighbours over the way. Who cares?!!!

There are plenty of threads on the FA Cup game in the City forum. Why do you get so offended that fans care about their rivals?

Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
Even the night before the biggest game of our modern history, a thread appears about our neighbours over the way. Who cares?!!!

There are plenty of threads on the FA Cup game in the City forum. Why do you get so offended that fans care about their rivals?
I don't get offended about anything to do with football, I just think there's more important things to think about right now other than how United got their money. Like I said last week though when at one point on page one of General Football there were 12 threads about United, the obsession is very much from us to them rather than them to us, as has been suggested recently.

just a quick question-why is it HH Sheikh Mansour-what does HH mean.

Will he turn up at CL games or wait to see how far you go.

from the day of the deal I was sure that this day would come and city would eventually get close to United in terms of the squad. Logically your huge financial bonus will mean that with United still paying 50m a season on debt the scales of success will tip in City's favour. The only way this will not happen is if impatience kicks in and you end up with a manager and player merry-go -round, this would change things dramatically.

I have friends and colleagues who are ST holders at city and genuinely hope they enjoy your success-it is however a hollow victory.

It took glazer for me to turn away from OT and now I watch non-league football with players and fans who I can talk to and relate to -I find I do not miss it at all.

Business -and as your success comes so will the price increases, not a criticism just an inevitable fact.

enjoy your success and for a couple of seasons worth you deserve it for all the bad times, but don't think you will be anything other than despised by other clubs fans -welcome to a reds world-------btw what does rag actually mean!

HH stands for His Highness, as he is royalty.

Pigeonho said:
I don't get offended about anything to do with football, I just think there's more important things to think about right now other than how United got their money. Like I said last week though when at one point on page one of General Football there were 12 threads about United, the obsession is very much from us to them rather than them to us, as has been suggested recently.

When we start paying for banners every year, when we start singing about them in every single song we have, then you may have a point. You should visit RedCafe and ManUtdTalk more if you think this is one sided, they are as bad, if not worse than us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.