Manchester United's high moral ground

politico said:
enjoy your success and for a couple of seasons worth you deserve it for all the bad times, but don't think you will be anything other than despised by other clubs fans -welcome to a reds world-------btw what does rag actually mean!

Do you think City fans would rather be shit and liked or good and hated ?
I for one would rather us be good and hated than be patronised by the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal.
As for what rag means, It's part of your clubs history. I'm sure you don't need a City fan to tell you your own clubs history. Or like most rags out there do you think your history started in the Premier league ?

politico said:
my first game was in 1972.........................still don't know what rag means

1. Umbro kits for United for some cup final or other were made from leftover bits of cloth
2. United turned up 'homeless' when they had to play at Maine Road, hence 'dressed in rags etc'
3. acronym for red arrogant git (actually this one is just definitely false, it's a backronym)

Pick an explanation you like really. I think there are more. 1st one seems to be the most popular.

As for the topic...the idea of any top premier league team claiming a moral high ground over any other is a bit ludicrous, clearly.

Used female hygiene product is still more apt, even though not accurate

truly classy -you must be so proud

JDavies the new owner bough them the swamp plus land for 60k but the capacity was reduced to approximately 80,000. Nevertheless, at a time when transfer fees were still around the £1,000 mark, the cost of construction only served to reinforce the club's "Moneybags United" epithet, with which they had been tarred since Davies had taken over as chairman.
Alomg came another one.
A new owner Gibson injected around £40,000 more funds into the team during the Great Depression, though they continued to wander between the First and Second Divisions without looking like serious contenders for either the league title or the FA Cup.
When Old Trafford was wrecked by German air raids on 11 March 1941, he also funded the rebuilding of the stadium, which was completed in 1949, and started the United Youth Academy that produced the great Busby Babes side of the mid to late 1950s.
Moral high ground??they are clueless or brainwashed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.