Manchini's statements - Anyone a bit miffed?

K.Reeves right foot said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
This is not a BM out thread, he has my 100% support & I believe he will deliver for us. However mind games or not I have to say I have been frustrated this week by him.

Regarding tomorrow's game: He says five games in that Chelsea WILL win the league, ok he may be right. This statement may work in many ways for us but does it really signal a good confidence booster for the players? & is it something that the owners want to hear after the first month of the season?.

Yes it's a long shot that we will win the league, this season may be far too soon, but only before the season he said we have a chance, has he now changed his mind & we have now no chance?,

I won' go into the Carling Cup but to me if he can't maintain a consistent stance his integrity will quickly drain away in my eyes.
A great way for Mancini to foster this winning mentality he often goes on about. He shouldn't have said it in my opinion and he's not established enough in English football to play mind games yet. It sends out the wrong message to the players who were told before the season we are going for the title........i think it is called waving the white flag and i doubt the owners who have high aspirations are pleased by it......and we are only in september............yeah, to any football fan with a brain Chelsea probably will win [stroll] the league but you don't expect your manager to admit it when you are trying to aspire to what they are achieving........slate me guys.........you know you want to..........

do you really believe any manager say his players what he say to the press ???????

i hope not , for your healthy

Mancio said:
A great way for Mancini to foster this winning mentality he often goes on about. He shouldn't have said it in my opinion and he's not established enough in English football to play mind games yet. It sends out the wrong message to the players who were told before the season we are going for the title........i think it is called waving the white flag and i doubt the owners who have high aspirations are pleased by it......and we are only in september............yeah, to any football fan with a brain Chelsea probably will win [stroll] the league but you don't expect your manager to admit it when you are trying to aspire to what they are achieving........slate me guys.........you know you want to..........

do you really believe any manager say his players what he say to the press ???????

i hope not , for your healthy
Do you believe the players don't hear this?
In any case - it's no wonder we all feel schizophrenic at present......we are trying to think of ourselves via what we hear from the club that we are going to have a succesful season [Mancini's words] and 'win a trophy'....that's exactly what he said......us as fans then raise our hopes accordingly which is natural.......although we are smart enough to know it MAY not happen......But.......the past few days goes against this message, firstly surrendering the league cup and now surrendering the league......what next? the europa? the FA cup? you see my point here?
There sems to be conflicting messages from our Manager..............

and by the way - how do you know I am healthy? do you watch my diet?!?

BLUEMATT23 said:
This is not a BM out thread, he has my 100% support & I believe he will deliver for us. However mind games or not I have to say I have been frustrated this week by him.

Regarding tomorrow's game: He says five games in that Chelsea WILL win the league, ok he may be right. This statement may work in many ways for us but does it really signal a good confidence booster for the players? & is it something that the owners want to hear after the first month of the season?.

Yes it's a long shot that we will win the league, this season may be far too soon, but only before the season he said we have a chance, has he now changed his mind & we have now no chance?,

I won' go into the Carling Cup but to me if he can't maintain a consistent stance his integrity will quickly drain away in my eyes.

He said probably.

''PROBABLY they'll win it easy'', ''DEFINITELY/CERTAINLY they'll win it easy'', big difference. Sky and the lot are only looking for headlines so don't get suckered into it at least not on this occassion.

redmizzle said:
''PROBABLY they'll win it easy'', ''DEFINITELY/CERTAINLY they'll win it easy'', big difference. Sky and the lot are only looking for headlines so don't get suckered into it at least not on this occassion.
I never do!........just pointing out his inconsistent messages............

redmizzle said:
I never do!........just pointing out his inconsistent messages............

Actually i was addressing the OP but i really don't think its a big deal him stating the obvious. Like i said earlier, the injury situation cannot exactly be totally ignored as a non factor in all of this so if he now appears to be adjusting his expectations its very understandable. Our league position in May is what will ultimately matter, not these grammar issues.

There's a poster on Blue Vibe who regularly posts ITK stuff from a certain player he knows well (one of our most recent purchases).

He just posted this over there:

after he'd given his Press conference about 'Chelsea will win the title' he went back to the players and told them 'pressure' is off you now, go out and beat them'. Meanwhile the media are in frenzy about him apparently giving up the title

Blue Train said:
There's a poster on Blue Vibe who regularly posts ITK stuff from a certain player he knows well (one of our most recent purchases).

He just posted this over there:

after he'd given his Press conference about 'Chelsea will win the title' he went back to the players and told them 'pressure' is off you now, go out and beat them'. Meanwhile the media are in frenzy about him apparently giving up the title

mancini's classic :o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.