Mancini - A new Dawn?

WNRH said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
WNRH - the only person I've ever seen think that football is played the same as table football ha ha ha.

PMSL LMAO raaaaaa i know init lad.

_41989544_table_football_pa_416.jpg

ST Coleridge wants to know if you fancy a game? ;-)

Ragnarok said:
taconinja said:
No offense but your posts were much better when you were just spamming topics.

I personally think he has joined the cabal.
Honestly? I think people have just aligned themselves at this point. I suppose we could call one side a "cabal" but the situation will most likely resolve itself one way or another and we'll move onto the next conflict. Such is the ways of the internet. Sort of sucks for me as I don't align with either major faction but I'm a rebel that way. (tongue firmly in cheek)

Damocles said:
I think this is a misunderstanding of terms, because you are both agreeing with each other. We SETUP as a 4-4-2, we PLAYED a fluid formation (at lest when attacking, we actually played a completely rigid 4-4-2 when out of possession).

Thread should have ended here.

Maybe with the addition that we actually went to something that resembled what you might call a 4231 sometime in the second half with Balo on the left and Silva on the right.

blueinsa said:
WNRH said:
PMSL LMAO raaaaaa i know init lad.

_41989544_table_football_pa_416.jpg

ST Coleridge wants to know if you fancy a game? ;-)

Only if it's a european table of 4-3-3, i cannot play with a good old British 4-4-2 one, it's so old fashioned ;-)

Nerazzurri said:
Damocles said:
I think this is a misunderstanding of terms, because you are both agreeing with each other. We SETUP as a 4-4-2, we PLAYED a fluid formation (at lest when attacking, we actually played a completely rigid 4-4-2 when out of possession).

Maybe with the addition that we actually went to something that resembled what you might call a 4231 sometime in the second half with Balo on the left and Silva on the right.
Having watched the match several times, about the only thing I can say for sure is that Hart stayed in goal and Lescott was our only player not up in their half or right at the halfway line when we were in possession. Other than that I feel we did the same things we've tried to do (mostly with limited success) for the entire season, i.e. short passing game between two players advancing, triangles to frustrate defensive ball-chasers, overloading one half the field with a quick, long pass to the opposite fullback to draw out the defense, and space creation by confusion of roles. We just had the right personnel to do it this time and didn't play De Jong and Barry together, which we should transition away from.

taconinja said:
Nerazzurri said:

Having watched the match several times, about the only thing I can say for sure is that Hart stayed in goal and Lescott was our only player not up in their half or right at the halfway line when we were in possession. Other than that I feel we did the same things we've tried to do (mostly with limited success) for the entire season, i.e. short passing game between two players advancing, triangles to frustrate defensive ball-chasers, overloading one half the field with a quick, long pass to the opposite fullback to draw out the defense, and space creation by confusion of roles. We just had the right personnel to do it this time and didn't play De Jong and Barry together, which we should transition away from.

Though I agree with the setup of the central midfield being one of our main problems, I do believe De Jong and Barry could be played together against stronger opposition - just not with Yaya infront of them.

Nerazzurri said:
taconinja said:

Though I agree with the setup of the central midfield being one of our main problems, I do believe De Jong and Barry could be played together against stronger opposition - just not with Yaya infront of them.

Perhaps that trio has had it's day, perhaps not... but it's worth remembering they looked immensely strong in the first half of the season, a period when we climbed to second in the table.

Nerazzurri said:
taconinja said:

Most of the time, I certainly agree. There will be exceptions of course. I think having AJ back is the big bonus really, especially how well he and Yaya performed together. I'm not quite sure why he and Silva don't have that same understanding, though. AJ deciding that at least giving half a care to defending is the best thing to happen in a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.