Mancini and Referees

I think Mancini plays the 'long game' when it comes to handling referees. The theory is that the referee knows when he's had a poor game or when he's made a mistake that's cost your team points. He's probably gutted enough and the last thing he needs is the manager going public with his criticism. A quiet word probably has more effect, plus the referees probably remember which managers have slated them in the past and which haven't...

He throws his hands up in horror from the touchline on occasion but never says anything disrespectful to the media about referees - or the opposition come to that.

Hardly fair to judge on the basis of this season, managers never complain when their team win. It'll be the mark of him to see whether he complains the next time we drop points.

Although I do seem to remember him being quite fair in the past.

daveduke67 said:
He's too cool to criticise anyone.
Except his own players! :-)
Seriously, though even then it's always couched in terms of how they they can improve and become better.

bluemoon05 said:
Hardly fair to judge on the basis of this season, managers never complain when their team win. It'll be the mark of him to see whether he complains the next time we drop points.

Although I do seem to remember him being quite fair in the past.

The question is since his time as our Manager , talking about this before the Newcastle game , no - one could remember an instance.

It was refreshing when Pearce did it but people soon got fed up when we were getting taken for a ride and Pearce still arse licked the refs so he could brown nose his way into a cushy job with the fa.
I can't see Mancini bending over like he did, if a ref costs us a game he will say as he sees it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.