Mancini: Carlos has told me he wants to stay

Tévez needs better advisors. I wonder if he realizes how much his destabilizing will-he-or-won't-he act has tarnished his legacy at City to this point. He'd be an absolute legend at the club right now if he weren't incessantly casting doubt on his future at Eastlands. We're all glad when he scores now, but there's no hero worship going on now like there would be if he hadn't indulged in this ridiculousness. I'll bet if you polled City fans on their favorite players, he'd be behind Yaya, Silva, Kompany, and maybe even de Jong.

Obviously it's Joorabchian pulling the strings to try to keep his client a footballing nomad, both because of his animus toward City and, more importantly, because of the financial windfall every time Tévez switches clubs.

The sad part is that I'm not even sure Tévez is going to benefit financially from another move, as he's already compensated better than anyone else is willing to pay him, and his behavior has had the net result of making him look flaky and unstable, lowering both the transfer fee and wages that other clubs would be willing to shell out for his services. Why would they, when he seems to be looking for his next landing spot 12 months after he arrives at a new club.

He truly is his own worst enemy in this sense.

He's said he wants to stay loads of times but has always come back with i will do whats best for my family and that is and always will be his get out.

Andouble said:
will Tevez (and Zab) play in the Copa America? How about RSC? I assume transfer target Sanchez will be playing for Chile. If Carlos does I'm sure he'll be complaining about burnout and lack of holiday again...

He has been dropped from the Argentina squad after pulling out last year. Wasn't called up for yesterday's squad announcement. Word from Argentina is that Batista won't be selecting him for the Copa America squad either. Which is a shame as it is in Argentina but at least he will get a full rest and can spend a few months with his family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.