Mancini: Fight Fire With Fire!

whydelilah said:
SWP's back said:
Fair play, I nearly hit send after writing good point until I realised it was Mancini's first game.

As for your point about awful ref-ing and us not going down to 10 men. It works both ways, on Sunday Pool should have been one man down atleast and we should have had a penalty.

Pompey scored a perfectly good goal against you that was dis-allowed and Fuller was lucky to stay on the pitch.

These things happen in football so there is little point in keep bringing them up. Especially as we have Peter Walton tomorrow so you will get most decisions as the guy hates Man City and his last two or three performances officiating out games have shown (now look - you have made me do what I said there is little point in doing.

Yeah, I suppose you’ve got to hope these decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

Pompey’s disallowed goal was definitely onside so the luck was on our side for that one.

I still think we get punished as the ref’s have a pre-conceived idea of us (see Wilko’s second yellow against Pompey!) but there’s no point banging on about it. You’ve just got to get on with it.

You tend to find Ref’s are equally inept across the board for all teams!!

with the exception of ushited

SWP's back said:
whydelilah said:
I stand corrected

Fair play, I nearly hit send after writing good point until I realised it was Mancini's first game.

As for your point about awful ref-ing and us not going down to 10 men. It works both ways, on Sunday Pool should have been one man down atleast and we should have had a penalty.

Pompey scored a perfectly good goal against you that was dis-allowed and Fuller was lucky to stay on the pitch.

These things happen in football so there is little point in keep bringing them up. Especially as we have Peter Walton tomorrow so you will get most decisions as the guy hates Man City and his last two or three performances officiating out games have shown (now look - you have made me do what I said there is little point in doing.

Oh, it's Bennett, not Walton, tomorrow mate.

WD

Very disappointed to read Mancini's words. Not pretending to know more than he does about how to run a team but this can only end one way for me. I think Stoke are pretty good at being Stoke. We shouldn't be concerned with it. Aware of their tactics...yes. Stubborn and only using one approach...of course not. Allowing them to dictate the style of the game...of course not!?

whydelilah said:
SWP's back said:

Yeah, I suppose you’ve got to hope these decisions even themselves out over the course of a season.

Pompey’s disallowed goal was definitely onside so the luck was on our side for that one.

I still think we get punished as the ref’s have a pre-conceived idea of us (see Wilko’s second yellow against Pompey!) but there’s no point banging on about it. You’ve just got to get on with it.

The Man City fans I was stood with, actually all of them, all thought Wiley was a "homer" last week right until the 3rd "goal". Hence all 4 sides of the ground berating him. Looking forward(ish) to Wed but that's just because win/lose/draw playing well/shite/even more shite, I love watching my team.

That is what gets lost a lot on here I think all too often.

Only read the first page but this is stupid, we're not gonna beat Stoke at their own game, they're the best in the league at what they do and have the best players to do it. Why don't we play to our strengths and try and beat them with flair and playing football with players like Ade, Stevie, SWP and Bellers, I know this won't mean playing 8 defensive midfielders but it just might work. If we go in to this game playing like Stoke then we'll get done.

SWP's back said:
whydelilah said:

The Man City fans I was stood with, actually all of them, all thought Wiley was a "homer" last week right until the 3rd "goal". Hence all 4 sides of the ground berating him. Looking forward(ish) to Wed but that's just because win/lose/draw playing well/shite/even more shite, I love watching my team.

That is what gets lost a lot on here I think all too often.

The whole ground singing "You're not fit to referee" was fuckin' hilarious. Definitely right up there with one of the loudest chants all season at our place.

whydelilah said:
SWP's back said:
Appreciate your input and viewpoint but you are throwing a lot of stones from that glass house of yours. I watched Pompey v Stoke and that was an awful game that by rights, you should have lost.

As a fan, I would have also been dissappointed with that. But I do not go onto your forum and tell you that. Neither team is playing great at the moment but you must remember that you are dealing with fans of a club that was fairly similar in terms of ambition (3 or 4 seasons ago) to your own team. You are telling me that if you drew at home with Pool and were level on 4th but wioth a home game in hand, that you would be upset or dissappointed?

Our game against Pompey was poor. I don't deny that; I always thought it would be a scrappy game.

The point I mentioned before was "mentality" though, not quality of foobtall. You play much better stuff than us, are much higher than us and are a million years ahead of us also. Thats to be expected with the amount of money you have spent though. We can't compete on that front. What you spent on Lescott covers the majority of our outlay since gaining promotion.

Back to the point though; mentality. When we went down to 10 men against you at The Brit we still fought on and went for the win (and had it not been for Riley's incompetent decision, we would have got 3 points). The same at Pompey. We went down to 10 men yet carried on going and earned the 3 points.

I dont disagree with you about our play at times, it is poor. I hope and expect it to improve though if we have a few years in this league and invest in better players. That will take time; we don't have a Billionaire to speed that process up. Not that I'm complaining, I'm quite happy with the way we're moving along, especially in recent years.

The point I was making with regard to your match against Liverpool was the negative and disappointing approach you took. I don't know whether that comes from your manager or the mentality of your players but I think that should have been a game you approached in a much more positive attitude.

WD

sorry how do you get we had a negative attitude - the maager sent out a team with 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder playing behind the cf. The problem was when out of possesio both teams dropped back into banks of 4 making it extremely dofficult to break down. Add to that 2 of our attacking players arenot at their best at the moment thats why we struggled.

Think you will find we are joint 4th top scorers in the prem - so we don't play so defensively

if we try and play stoke at their own game we will lose...simple as that

we should stick to playing our own way.....Mancini is starting to worry me again!!

simon23 said:
if we try and play stoke at their own game we will lose...simple as that

we should stick to playing our own way.....Mancini is starting to worry me again!!

You really are a bag of nerves aren't you? :)

Mancini is asked about Stoke in his PC. He also talks about Carlos, Bellers and the players revolt if you want to hear what he has to say. Its on the OS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.