Mancini good or bad (ignoring the stats)

cerebum

Yes I know he has won X twiceand Y three times blah blah but has anyone watched his teams on a regular basis? Does he play flowing football or does he stifle teams to death? Can he change things when they are going wrong? Is he any good at buying the right players? Answers please as I am sick of people just quoting facts!

Search for posts by the poster 'interisti', he's written about what Mancini's Inter side was like, can't remember where though.

Fantastic appointment fellow blues he's one of the best in the business and prob THE best available, even though I didn't rate Hughes did feel a tinge of sadness for him that it did not work out, he'll soon have another job there'll be a few to choose from very soon, good luck to him!

cerebum said:
1. has anyone watched his teams on a regular basis?
2. Does he play flowing football or does he stifle teams to death?
3. Can he change things when they are going wrong?
4. Is he any good at buying the right players?

1. I did ('cause I'm a 36-yrs-old Inter fan from Milan :)
2. Flowing? No. His Inter played the most physical football ever. The Mancini's Inter (feat. Materazzi, Vieira, Ibrahimovic and so on...) was an army, rather than a football team. They asphalted their opponents in Italy. In Champions League they failed ('cause football is not rugby).
3. In Italy we say "lettura della partita" (the skill to read the match): Mancini's perfectly average.
4. Sure. Mancini's a great manager, the best choice as for buying the right players, assembling a team (and managing a locker room...).

FORZA INTER

I think he was an apprentice to sven so we might expect to play football like sven did at city

What I find strange is that the many of the same people who never gave Hughes a chance are now asking that we all get behind the new manager. I think its a shame that they didnt practice what they now preach for the former manager.

Why should they believe that a guy who inherited a good team at a time when other teams were docked points in Seria A who has no experience in the premiership be the man to lead this team. Blind faith is what it is called so pardon me if I dont bow to the alter of Mancini just yet. I will await results as I was prepared to do with Hughes and if at the end of the season we have achieved Champions League place the good luck to him.

The problem si that the way this has been handled by the club and the disruption it may cause in the dressing room good mean that all the work done by Hughes could be undone as players may wish to leave or be forced to leave as the new broom sweeps in. I hope the problem is the one that I have heard which is that the owners wanted the likes of Robinho playing in the squad and Hughes didnt we shall see

No Idea, I'll give him a chance but he has more pressure now than I'd have put on Hughes. I'll go game by game but with our recent games in hand I expect wins, especially given he is appearantly the Owners choices.

He likes to play a Christmas Tree formation and a 4-5-1.
His teams keep possesion well and do not concede many goals. He likes to have pace and skill in every department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.