Mancini has pop at Bacon Face for ‘kamikaze’ jibe

The Fat el Hombre

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini claims City have ended their summer spending spree with the signing of James Milner.

The Eastlands outfit have splashed out in excess of £100million this summer to attract a host of top players to the club.

Asked if Milner was his final signing, Mancini said: "I think so. He is a good young player, who can play in every position in the middle and out wide."

City have been far and away England's biggest spenders this summer and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson complained about the "kamikaze" attitude of some clubs in the transfer market.

Mancini said: "If you want to buy a new player you must spend money. It is the market.

"I respect his (Ferguson's) opinion but Manchester United, not Manchester City spent a lot of money in the past."

Forza Saint Bob

i remember someone on here made quite a big list of ushiteds big signings in the ;ast 5-10 years, and it in total came to a massive sum.

I thought I'd reached the stage where nothing Ferguson said would surprise me, but the shameless hypocrisy of his latest rant takes the biscuit. For him to pretend that he's not signing any top quality players by choice and not because his club is skint is beyond laughable. Veron, Berbatov, Ferdinand, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Pallister, Ince, Cantona, etc, etc, all came through United's youth system did they? For United fans to look down on what we are trying to do and attempt to occupy some sort of moral high ground, when their success has been built on doing exactly the same thing is hilarious. Funny how they suddenly discovered these morals when they became skint isn't it?

One of my mates put this on her Facebook recently:

Since I had a free/boring Saturday afternoon, and that some of my Rag mates are still trying to convince themselves and me that City are ruining the game off football and Englands future world cup hopes... I thought I would do some research.......

Look at what I found, all these players that ferguson has brought off the local streets of salford and made them into world beaters:

£10m for Hernandez
£16m for Valencia
£31m for Berbaflop - YES £31 MILLION Ha Ha Ha.... I wonder who's fault that was....
£17m for Hargreaves
£17m for Nani
£18 for Anderson
£17m for Carrick
£27m for Rooney
£7m for Vidic
£6m for Evra
£5m for Park
£6m for Kléberson
£4m for Djemba-Djemba
£12m for Ronaldo
£13m for Saha
£7m for Smith
£7m for Heinze
£29m for Ferdinand - IN 2002!!!! TWENTY NINE MILLION!!!!
£19m for van Nistelrooy
£29m for Veron - IN 2001!!!! TWENTY NINE MILLION!!!!
£7.5m for Forlan
£8m for Barthez
£4.5m for Taibi
£11m for Stam
£12.5m for Yorke

There is one or two missing. Smalling for example. His fee has not been confirmed but it is the record fee Fulham have ever received for a player.

Its amazing how you spend so LITTLE but win so much £340,500,000......

Hopefully this will put an end to all those bitter reds, who keep on forgetting that they are the ones that started this... its just a shame they cannot finnish it :-)

Roll on the 2010/11 season... let the banter begin!

hgblue said:
I thought I'd reached the stage where nothing Ferguson said would surprise me, but the shameless hypocrisy of his latest rant takes the biscuit. For him to pretend that he's not signing any top quality players by choice and not because his club is skint is beyond laughable. Veron, Berbatov, Ferdinand, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Pallister, Ince, Cantona, etc, etc, all came through United's youth system did they? For United fans to look down on what we are trying to do and attempt to occupy some sort of moral high ground, when their success has been built on doing exactly the same thing is hilarious. Funny how they suddenly discovered these morals when they became skint isn't it?

Spot and indeed on hg.

some plastic was gobbing off about money on satdee in the pub while he was supporting spurs. After listing a host of utd signings at him his rag plastic brother started shouting at us.
First row of the season.

let's take a look at the coming & goings at the swamp this summer. firstly, smalling doesn't count as the rags bought him in january & immediately loaned him back to fulham.

in
bebe - £7.4 million
hernandez - £6 million
vermijl - £570,000
total spent - £13.97 million

out
tosic - £8 million
foster - £6 million
cathcart - £350,000
total received - £14.35 million

net balance - £380,000 in credit

what does this mean?

1) the rags' spending has to be matched or exceeded by incomings in the current transfer window as indeed it was last year.
2) as even hardened rags are starting to realise, the ronaldo money & the mythical £95 million transfer kitty that gill keeps banging on about just don't exist.
3) no more star signings at the swamp in ferguson's lifetime.
4) the only incomings will be bosman frees, promising youngsters (like tosic & obertan) & portuguese big issue sellers.
4) there's no value in the market - especially when you're skint.
5) more shambolic press conferences from an increasingly bitter, broken & defeated bacon face as he realises that the game's up.

pull up a seat & enjoy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.