Mancini HATES Conceding....part of the problem?

dancity19

It seems very strange I would want us to concede more goals, as I don't. But forget recent games when we haven't had Kompany (apart from last night), and I am pretty certain our lack of scoring goals, has co incided with conceding slightly fewer.

Early in the season when we were averaging over 3 goals a game, we were often conceding a goal too, much to the annoyance of Mancini. He, rightly so, hates to concede goals, but I think his slight change in the way we play, geared to stop conceding stupid goals has really hindered our attacking game.

I haven't got stats to back this up, so I could be completely wrong, but this certainly is what it seems, and has for a while. Is it worth Mancini reverting back to how we played at the start of the season and just accepting a couple of goals conceded, no matter how irritating, if it means our style of play will ensure we outscore the opposition. Plus, it was only really one goal at max a game we were conceding.

This seems a stupid suggestion, but I think a lack of goals has co incided with a tighter defence.

And yes, I know, all the best teams are built on a solid base, no goals conceded etc.

We are still playing nice football but several things have happened.

1. Yaya Toure is a big loss
2. Dzeko started like a house on fire, he currently looks no better than Samaras.
3. Teams are starting to put there entire defence behind the ball. Look at Everton last night, they rarely had less than 8 players in the box. Whenever we struggle to score first, we always struggle. Once we score one, the floodgates usually open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.