Mancini: "I promise we'll finish forth"

Mancini suckered by a smart-arsed cnut of a BBC interviewer.

For anyone for whom English is their 1st language you could field this question with a simple smile and a "no".

But Benitez was mugged in this way and now Mancini will be held to account for his "promise".

Don't know who the interviewer was but someone at City needs to have a word.

1961_vintage said:
Mancini suckered by a smart-arsed cnut of a BBC interviewer.

For anyone for whom English is their 1st language you could field this question with a simple smile and a "no".

But Benitez was mugged in this way and now Mancini will be held to account for his "promise".

Don't know who the interviewer was but someone at City needs to have a word.
benitez mugged himself.

actual quote: “I think it is very important for any manager, but especially here in England, to be strong.

“You have to show you have an idea, you have your own people that you can talk with and analyse things and say ‘This is the way to do things’ and we have to keep going.

“The main thing for me is to come here early in the morning, do my job, go home still working a little bit and try to be ready for the next day.

“That is the way to do things and that is an example for the players – and they are doing the same thing.

“I have to have confidence in my team and I am sure we can do it because I know we are better than the team you are seeing on the pitch.

“I can guarantee we will finish in the top four.”

Both knew exactly what they were saying and both meant it. It's not an empty promise if you do everything in you ability to try and fulfil it. The manager has to lead the team by setting the right tone. He believes we will finish 4th, he believes we have the ability to win our next 4 games. He has the confidence to say it. If we don't achieve it he will have the humility to accept responsibility. It's class. Watch and learn.

"Watch and learn".

lol'd my fuckin head off.

Look in the eyes. Off balance, unsure, not totally grasping the real (or hidden)meaning of the question and what would represent an acceptable response, and all in an unprepared for micro second.

bizzbo said:
stupid question by the bbc reporter in the post match interview.

mancini said something like 'I think we will finish fourth'

bbc reporter, 'do you promise that?'

mancini, 'yes'

as if it means anything. he can't very well say 'no, well, maybe, maybe not', because he's trying to show his team he's confident.
Exactly my take on it.

I can't remember that particular commentator's name, but he is without question a bit of a tit.

I remember Sven putting him in his place after a typically wank post match interview after the West Ham game.

I'm sure it's on youtube somewhere...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.