Mancini-Ireland must change

Blue Tooth said:
simon23 said:
People on here criticise Ireald for the scholes goal....we ll who brought him onto do that tracking back job (one in which at present he clearly isnt naturally able to do)....RM did...

Maybe mancini isnt as good defensively as well all keep saying he is.....scholes had been playing more of a central role in the derby until the last 20 mins until fergie made the decision to push him higher up the pitch into his old role...I saw this happen....RM must have seen it happen (you would hope).....so why put ireland on to mark scholes.......a naturally attacking midfielder being asked to do a defensive midfielders job!....

Because he is young and fit and strong and intelligent...and to see if he could adapt....He Failed...Not Mancini's fault.....Simples.

Now I am a big Stevie fan...I love the guy and how he plays the game but he needs to get his head out from up his own arse pronto or he is history...His not tracking Scholes had nothing to do with defensive ability and everything to do with a lack of effort.

The funny thing about that goal was that fergie actually pushed scholes further forward and swapped him with fletcher as a result of ireland coming on because he was aware of the threat that he could cause them. Blaming stevie for that goal is a joke when it was a collective fuck up from various players.

Didsbury Dave, its interesting that you think ireland cant play in the same side as tevez, I cant remember many occasions this year when they have been given the opportunity with ireland behind tevez.

Finally, if you doubt his ability then go on you tube type in his name and watch the 6 minute video from last year, that is not a player who hit his peak for 4 months but a hugely talented player who was playing regularly and with confidence. No way should we let him leave yet.

Stevie Ireland is without doubt a very gifted player...............and just as equaly off his head an away with the fairies some times, yes the Scholes goal was down to him, an not the first as he has done this going missing a few times.

Instead of stepping up an grabbing the chance to be the creative one in midfield he has hide...........hardly likely to endere him to Bob.

If he goes it wont be the end of my world, but if he gets his shit together he can play a big part of our future.........he`s just got to believe in himself an stop this laxadaisical attitude he drops into.

heatonmoorblue said:
Blue Tooth said:
Because he is young and fit and strong and intelligent...and to see if he could adapt....He Failed...Not Mancini's fault.....Simples.

Now I am a big Stevie fan...I love the guy and how he plays the game but he needs to get his head out from up his own arse pronto or he is history...His not tracking Scholes had nothing to do with defensive ability and everything to do with a lack of effort.

The funny thing about that goal was that fergie actually pushed scholes further forward and swapped him with fletcher as a result of ireland coming on because he was aware of the threat that he could cause them. Blaming stevie for that goal is a joke when it was a collective fuck up from various players.

Didsbury Dave, its interesting that you think ireland cant play in the same side as tevez, I cant remember many occasions this year when they have been given the opportunity with ireland behind tevez.

Finally, if you doubt his ability then go on you tube type in his name and watch the 6 minute video from last year, that is not a player who hit his peak for 4 months but a hugely talented player who was playing regularly and with confidence. No way should we let him leave yet.

It's not rocket science...it's football...when the move begins Scholes is Ireland's man...watch it...he is challenging scholes...what happens next may well be a collective fuck up but Ireland loses his man...that is HIS fault.
Scholes is a past master at drfiting into position so let's give him some credit for intelligent football and a superb finish.
It's over and done now so needs to be put to bed really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.