Mancini Is A Tactical Genius

hgblue

I've seen some idiotic managerial decisions in my time, but Zabaleta and Vieira in central midfield is up there with the best of them, compounded by his amazing decision to leave a water treading Vieira on the pitch and taking off the much more mobile Milner when he introduced Kompany. Throw into the equation his insistence on persevering with an inexperienced kid at centre back, and you have a recipe for disaster. An opportunity to put this group to bed has been blown tonight, and allied to his suicidal team selection against West Brom, this heaps more pressure on the manager. Lets hope that those who believe him to be a top manager turn out to be right, but I'm just not seeing it.

Funny that you didn't mention this before the game. I thought Vieira, Zabaleta and Milner in the middle would work but Zabaleta lacked energy (as did Vieira but that's expected).

I have to say taking Milner off was a strange decision, perhaps he thought a draw was in the bag and wanted to rest Milner for Sunday.

I think Mancini has shown misplaced faith in some players and the positions in which he places them. We have not had a team sheet which has featured a midfield where the emphasis is on forward movement with some pace - do we possess such a midfield - and we are continually caught out by mediocre teams who are not being run off their feet.

He didn't learn anything from the West Brom debacle...that's the most disappointing thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.