Mancini News Conference

Dubai Blue said:
Bluefinn said:
Would love to see this news conference. Hopefully I can watch it somewhere live or afterwards. I quess skysports will upload it though but it takes time. :(
Sky News (normal not Sports) said last night that they'll be carrying it live.

yeh it's on at 4.30 on sky sports news, not sure about sky news. and unfortunately garry cook will be there according to the rag twat reporter that was stood outside carrington this morning. mancini is at the training ground now meeting the players and will take charge of his first training session at around 11 o'clock with brian kidd.

Hello everyone, I am an Inter fan and joined this forum since I am interested in following the development of our beloved coach, Roberto Mancini. I never really liked any team EPL but would start following Man City since Mancini is here now. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding our ex-manager.

Cheers.

lonewolf19 said:
Hello everyone, I am an Inter fan and joined this forum since I am interested in following the development of our beloved coach, Roberto Mancini. I never really liked any team EPL but would start following Man City since Mancini is here now. Feel free to ask me any questions regarding our ex-manager.

Cheers.
welcome mate!
just wondering what Manicini's reputation is like with the inter fans? surely you lot love him, i know some of us do anyway and we've only heard a few of Bobby's inspired words!
cheers BlueAlba

BlueAlba said:
lonewolf19 said:

Cheers.
welcome mate!
just wondering what Manicini's reputation is like with the inter fans? surely you lot love him, i know some of us do anyway and we've only heard a few of Bobby's inspired words!
cheers BlueAlba

I believe Mancio will be great for Man City. He is definitely a step up from Hughes and plus he would have loads of fund available. He is a smart manager and generally made good transfers on the market. Julio Cesar, Maicon, Stankovic, Ibrahimovic, Cambiasso were all bought during his time, and all of them turn out to be successes. The opinions were split among the Inter fans but most of us still support him 100%. He was the first manager that brought us trophies in 17 years and definitely regarded as an Inter legend.

Some of his flaws to me were tactical and emotional issue. He is decent tactically but not great. He is generally good at planning and preparation before the match but not so much during the match. During his time at Inter, he was sometimes unable to introduce the correct sub that can change the flow of the game. Another issue is his emotional control and dressing room after his famous "i quit" outburst after loss against Liverpool. However, I believe it is more of an Inter thing (not winning CL for 44 years piles huge pressure on the manager). Not to mention you need direct result in Serie A, you literally get sacked after 10 rounds if things do not go in your way. I believe he will be handling the pressure and emotional aspect fine at Man City. Whether he improved tactically, we will see.

Durutti City said:
Using the Present Simple ("I go to Manchester tomorrow") for a future activity is a common mistake amongst Elementary level students.

Technically though, it was gramatically correct, although it assumes that he had already booked his tickets and the trip was a certainty - under the circs this could have been the case. If this were true, it would indicate he's an Upper Intermediate level student.

More conventionally he should probably have stuck to the Present Progressive/Continuous (the verb 'to be' + verb + ing) to express a planned future activity. In other words "I am going to Manchester tomorrow".

It all depends on the timing.

Possibly, it was his intention to go to Manchester the following day, in which case he should have used the 'going to' future. But then City went and beat Arsenal and Chelsea. So he had to wait.

In hindsight he could even have played it safe by using a modal verb (may, might etc.) to express a future possibility.

In any case, full marks for avoiding the mistaken use of 'will' - unless he was just making a spontaneous decision.

Next week: Prepositions of place in the context of zonal marking.

Can't wait

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.