Mancini or Pep era?

There seemed to be more of a buzz at the games when Mancini was here.

Now, whether that's me imagining it or whether it's because success was a new thing to us back then and by the time that Pep arrived we were expecting success I'll leave others to decide.

A lot of the football in that 2011/12 season was fantastic, I don’t think we have played better than we did in that 6-1 derby, the football that day was breathtaking . But I think overall the Pep era shades it for me, for a couple of season I believe we were playing the best football in the world.
What hurt the most about nearly losing the title that season, is that we were the premiere team in the country by one million clear miles. So superior were we, that United winning that title would have been one of the biggest injustices in sporting history.

The fact that United managed to match our point tally, despite us pumping them in both games, is literally only due to the tremendous ability of the officials in this country to cheat fans and manipulate games.

A run of bizarre 5-6 minute stoppage time allocations whenever they were drawing or losing (basically until they scored), Ashley Young securing a penalty through diving nearly every game which the media refused to cover, games like Fulham where the most blatant penalties for the other team were waved away.

I’d thought and hoped I’d never see cheating like it again, however we’ve seen with Liverpool, United and VAR recently that the game is still corrupt to the core.

*meant to quote @johnnytapia - what a great post pal.

What hurt the most about nearly losing the title that season, is that we were the premiere team in the country by one million clear miles. So superior were we, that United winning that title would have been one of the biggest injustices in sporting history.

The fact that United managed to match our point tally, despite us pumping them in both games, is literally only due to the tremendous ability of the officials in this country to cheat fans and manipulate games.

A run of bizarre 5-6 minute stoppage time allocations whenever they were drawing or losing (basically until they scored), Ashley Young securing a penalty through diving nearly every game which the media refused to cover, games like Fulham where the most blatant penalties for the other team were waved away.

I’d thought and hoped I’d never see cheating like it again, however we’ve seen with Liverpool, United and VAR recently that the game is still corrupt to the core.
You know I've rarely thought that deeply about it. But reading your post makes me think.
I wonder if the shite gave the word whiskey-nose was leaving and the authorities thought it was fitting 'he won one last title'.
I said VAR was a potential way of 'fixing' games with their 'line drawing and camera angles' and nothing I have seen has made me change my mind.
We've been shafted royally, but we're not the only ones. Just ask Bournemouth!!!!!!!!

The majority of football was quite stale? Pass me the contents of whatever you're smoking please. 2011-2012 19 home games, 18 wins, one draw. Away wins included 6-1 v United, 5-1 v Spurs, we scored 93 league goals that season. Of the 38 league games we scored 3 or more on TWENTY occasions. Stale? You're right, don't kid yourself. Mancini was the bollocks (bit like your facts).
No no - all of the above was achieved in spite of the manager remember.......

For me the Mancini era. First trophies i had seen our club lift away from the play-off & Championship. Hammering United regular & watching our greatest players in their primes.

It comes down to who when you think of when city our club comes to mind to epitomise us or they feel like they are part of us and the fabric and got us
For me
Mercer did
Big Mal did
Book did
Horton did
Royle did
Keegan did
Mancini did

Ball deffinately didn't the little shit

Pep blows hot and cold in my opinion in this regard, shows an afinity at times but also a tepid distance from us, like we are a part of his process of learning.
Made me laugh.......

I hope the next mangager is a guy called either Manciola or Guardicini. Everything will be solid from front to back with a bucket of goals each game and at least 79% possession, xG of 4.5, and the RDAHMeedya will be as pissed off as they were in 2012.

Pep.

anything else is just silly.

Mancini was a good manager and we had a very good team under him.

We hit 100 points and won the domestic. treble with pep - the first and only time in the history of the oldest professional football league for both.

Pep.

anything else is just silly.

Mancini was a good manager and we had a very good team under him.

We hit 100 points and won the domestic. treble with pep - the first and only time in the history of the oldest professional football league for both.
Did we really never mentioned, thought Liverpool the first team to ever win anything. Never thought anything could exceed the bullshit of a rag title win but the dippers have exceeded it easily.

Mancini era was very new to city fans so will always be special.

Pep has turned city into a major European team. The only think that has let pep down is some poor buys. 2/3 world class players & we will dominate for another 5 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.