Mancini,shocking week

didactic said:
shikariblue said:
No, actually Manchester born and bred. And Balotelli had a crack at it last year and fucked us in Europe and let us down in a lot of games. And, no, I don't want to hear MotM in F.A Cup or at West Brom. You're stats are shite and you know nothing about me. Dzeko actually looks like he likes playing for the club, whereas I believe Balotelli couldn't give a shit at times.

Fair play I didnt see it against Napoli yes but on the weekend he was poor for me. I am not moaning lads all I am saying is the mindset of champions is to begrudge even every draw we must WANT to win everything and we are good enough to.

The players faces when they came off tells you they want to win everything.

i just thought we could give our opinions on the game and the team. just because what some say is negative doesnt mean its wrong!!!

A few things have stood out to me in the last week.

2 teams had the damned cheek to play well against us, Napoli might have defended deep at times, but they attacked very quickly, and in numbers, and gave us a good test (as anyone who knows football will have expected), yet we had enough chances to have won the game before they scored. Fulham were poor for 50 minutes but then they were very good, and rather than saying City dropped a gear, how about saying Fulham lifted themselves, they more or less deserved their point, and yet we should still have had the game wrapped up long before they got back into it.

Mancini picked the wrong full backs against Napoli, both were too slow against their attacks, and with the midfield we are currently able to put out it gives the centre backs too much to cover, so defensively we are not so good. Against Fulham he picked the right team, and that team should have won, he made the right sub at 2-1, only he didn't have the right player to put on in that position, and once we conceded the equaliser his options were basically shot.

We're badly missing De Jong, because it free's Yaya to do a much more important job.

Adam Johnson while a decent impact player, is not of the level we are at now.

All in all we've had a fantastic start to the season, and if the only setbacks we have are draws then it will finish as its started. Uniteds form and luck won't continue forever, so in the league we'll not be far away. The CL is a different matter, and we need our best players fit for that, and for me De Jong is very important in that competition, I hope (though doubt) that he'll be back for Munich.

Bluemoon115 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Bluemoon115 said:
It's not just a "draw" away to Fulham, it's pissing away a 2 goal lead at Fulham. It's seeing the inevitable happening in front of your eyes, and seeing nothing being done to stop it.

But, Mancini doesn't have his team yet. So we'll just wait...

Been quiet recently mate, everything been alright?

Mancini seen the inevitable happen, we were getting over run in midfield so he brought on an extra defensive minded midfielder in Zabaleta, i personally wouldn't have took Silva off but i would have brought Zaba on. Unfortunately Fulham got a lucky break with a deflected goal, it was disappointing to draw after being 2-0 up no doubt about it but saying Mancini didn't try to stop it is ridiculous as is saying Mancini has had a shocking week

We aren't going to win every game, no team will do that it's about learning from our mistakes and being better next time
Just started work pal (at long fucking last), so don't get to post on here as much (and for the benefit of those who blab on about agenda's and cabals, it's only the second match I've not been to this season, and the first I watched down the road, which is why I've posted on the topic straight after the match). You goin Blackburn this year? Be nice to have a beer with ya again.

Anyway, on topic...

Taking Silva off meant we lost our high pressure midfielder. He puts players on the ball under much more pressure than Nasri, and has a bit more composure on the ball. I saw sense in bringing on the deep lying midfielder, I just think Silva coming off meant we were losing one of our battlers, and keeping on a "Hollywood" player in Nasri, which we didn't need at the time.

You can't dominate all game, and you can't win every game, I've not even tried to suggest that (despite the efforts of some to claim otherwise). But to go 2-0 up against the bottom of the league side, who would have been shot of confidence, and let them back into that game, was a pisser. We lost a goal, and instead of using that as a rallying point, we played like school children, failing to pass the ball more than 10 yards and leaving gaps the size of the Grand Canyon.

Once again FB, you come across as being the much more positive side of the same coin as me, and much of that rant isn't intended for you.

Good to hear mate and yes i'll be at Blackburn so may see you again

Each and everyone of us would have been disappointed after the result on Sunday considering the position we was in but not sure we can dwell on it too long, we have still had an excellent start to the season and have two home games on the bounce coming albeit one a Carling Cup game that most probably aren't too bothered about. It's about learning from the mistakes that are made, you can't take your foot of the gas at 2-0 up especially away from home because a goal back for the other team changes the whole direction the game is in and thats what happened on Sunday

I'm a massive fan of Yaya but i thought his positional play at times on Sunday left a lot to be desired and the sooner De Jong is back for me the better, he knows how to sit deep and protect the back four in positions like we were on Sunday better than anyone at the club and having him back will be a big plus

cleavers said:
A few things have stood out to me in the last week.

2 teams had the damned cheek to play well against us, Napoli might have defended deep at times, but they attacked very quickly, and in numbers, and gave us a good test (as anyone who knows football will have expected), yet we had enough chances to have won the game before they scored. Fulham were poor for 50 minutes but then they were very good, and rather than saying City dropped a gear, how about saying Fulham lifted themselves, they more or less deserved their point, and yet we should still have had the game wrapped up long before they got back into it.

Mancini picked the wrong full backs against Napoli, both were too slow against their attacks, and with the midfield we are currently able to put out it gives the centre backs too much to cover, so defensively we are not so good. Against Fulham he picked the right team, and that team should have won, he made the right sub at 2-1, only he didn't have the right player to put on in that position, and once we conceded the equaliser his options were basically shot.

We're badly missing De Jong, because it free's Yaya to do a much more important job.

Adam Johnson while a decent impact player, is not of the level we are at now.

All in all we've had a fantastic start to the season, and if the only setbacks we have are draws then it will finish as its started. Uniteds form and luck won't continue forever, so in the league we'll not be far away. The CL is a different matter, and we need our best players fit for that, and for me De Jong is very important in that competition, I hope (though doubt) that he'll be back for Munich.

I agree with the majority of this except that I think he made the right sub, but pulled out the wrong person. Pulling Nasri at that time would have been more beneficial. I know he eventually pulled him, but by then, it was too late and AJ didn't really have any chance of making an impact.

I might have considered Zaba for Nasri. AJ for Aguero. Tevez for Dzeko. Switch to a 4-4-1-1 with an emphasis on defensive responsibilities for Zaba and Johnson on the wings. This keeps Silva on the pitch with he and Tevez holding the ball on the offensive third and being the creative players while the rest batten down the hatches and look for a counter.

But, like it has been said before. There's no reason to hit the panic button. When we get DeJong and Milner back, choices will be better, but we have to play with the players we have. We have a long season and there will be fitness and injury woes to deal with considering our schedule. So, just get on with it.

Rocket Sauce said:
I agree with the majority of this except that I think he made the right sub, but pulled out the wrong person. Pulling Nasri at that time would have been more beneficial. I know he eventually pulled him, but by then, it was too late and AJ didn't really have any chance of making an impact.

I might have considered Zaba for Nasri. AJ for Aguero. Tevez for Dzeko. Switch to a 4-4-1-1 with an emphasis on defensive responsibilities for Zaba and Johnson on the wings. This keeps Silva on the pitch with he and Tevez holding the ball on the offensive third and being the creative players while the rest batten down the hatches and look for a counter.

But, like it has been said before. There's no reason to hit the panic button. When we get DeJong and Milner back, choices will be better, but we have to play with the players we have. We have a long season and there will be fitness and injury woes to deal with considering our schedule. So, just get on with it.
I agree, I should have been clearer in what I meant, it was the bringing on a defensive player that was right, but we didn't have the right one to bring on, Zab isn't a great defensive midfielder in my opinion, he just does it because he's asked to. I totally agree about taking off the wrong player, I also would have taken Nasri off (its probably only me but I don't really rate the guy).

Removing Silva takes away any creativity if the game goes bad, but it worries me that he rarely seems to last 90 minutes.

i wont criticize him once he has a go,bringing on balo when edin was struggling to get into the game =going for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.