Mancini should have some of this pinned up

There is a Light

Not that the players will need any more motivation to beat the world's biggest gobshites, but they have just kept giving us plenty of extra reasons to beat them this season, even after the 6-1 when by rights they should have been hiding in embarrassment.

2yxhix2.jpg

Following the game, Rooney - accused by Mancini of attempting to influence Foy’s decision – tweeted, “Funny how people think i got kompany sent off. Im not ref. i didnt give red card. But it was a clear red card. 2 footed tackle.” Ferdinand also added his voice to the Kompany debate, prior to City’s appeal against the dismissal, by tweeting, “By the way how can there be any debate about the red card yesterday?? You leave the ground with a £2footTackle = Red card £fact.”
Wayne Rooney laughs at Toure brothers on Twitter after cup exit

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has risked the wrath of Manchester City fans on Twitter, laughing at Kolo and Yaya Toure's Africa Cup of Nations final defeat for Ivory Coast.

When responding to Manchester United teammate Tom Cleverly, who had congratulated Zambia on their victory, Rooney wrote: 'zzzzzzzzzzz pga golf is on. Come on boys. Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha.'

1y02mx.jpg

Manchester United fans already selling T‑shirts hailing 20th title

• Manchester United lead by three points and must play at City
• T-shirt says: 'Money only gets you so far'

There are eight games left and Manchester United have only just moved to the top of the league – yet for some of their fans it is clearly enough to assume a record 20th league title is now a fait accompli. A three-point lead ahead of Manchester City has seen the first T-shirts appearing this week commemorating another league triumph for Sir Alex Ferguson's team.

"Champ20ns" is the message, despite the fact we are still six weeks away from the end of the season and one bad result for United could see City replace them at the top. The accompanying message is aimed directly at City: "Money only gets you so far."

The stunt opens United's supporters to allegations of premature triumphalism when the title race is still open and they have to play at the Etihad Stadium on 30 April. Many United fans may also be concerned it proves to be a jinx. However, the company behind the T-shirts insists it has no reason to doubt the title will find its way back to Old Trafford when United's next four opponents are all against teams from the bottom six of the league.

"It may be squeaky-bum time, the managers may be busy playing mind games, there might be eight league games left but we think we've already done enough: we're three points clear, and there will only be one winner now."

There will not, however, be a refund to any buyers if United blow their lead and City have the last laugh.

Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Manchester City's’ glory-hunting supporters

Rio Ferdinand has turned up the heat in the race for the title – saying he is out to silence Manchester City’s glory hunting fans.

The England defender has turned the tables on United’s fierce rivals, claiming their recent success under Roberto Mancini has led to a new breed of supporters coming out of the woodwork.

United have long-been accused of attracting ‘Johnny come lately’ fans. Now Ferdinand reckons the same can be levelled at City.

“Walking around in town, you see more and more blue shirts than you probably ever would have seen over the last 10 years,” said the centre-back.

“But success sometimes brings people out of the woodwork. So fingers crossed we can delay that and make sure that we get this title sewn up.”

United hold a slender one-point advantage over City with just nine games left this season.

Meulensteen critical of 'breaking' City

Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen has stoked the fire ahead of the Manchester derby at the end of April, by claiming manager Sir Alex Ferguson would never sign a player akin to Mario Balotelli.

The Italian striker has been blamed for City relinquishing their five-point lead over United, now the deficit between the two sides in the other direction with five games remaining.

His well documented fallings-out with teammates and manager Roberto Mancini has often detracted from his exploits on the pitch, and Meulensteen says Ferguson wouldn't tolerate such behaviour.

"We will never buy a guy like Mario Balotelli," said Meulensteen. "Players like that only deliver frustration."

Mancini's men will be looking to inflict upon United what they did in the month of March, by overturning a five-point deficit, a lead Meulensteen always felt their rivals would spurn.

"At Manchester United everybody is used to the pressure for playing about the title," he said. "For the first in long time City is now in a position that they can become champions.

"That's what's breaking them now. I've always thought that City wouldn't hold the race until the end.

"Their squad is out of balance, they've got to many individuals who are playing for themselves. Against Sunderland you could see that they don't have team spirit.

"The fight on the pitch like they had you would not see at Manchester United."

w8ketj.jpg

2j2yzas.jpg

Wonder If Yaya and Kolo Know Rooney said that. Hope it will spur them on to Win Monday.

Add Captain Con Man Robson's latest taunts against City, his third such interview in about three weeks.

Odious club.

If pro footballers on thousands upon thousands per week need an ounce more motivation in a game like Monday's, then they shouldnt be in the fucking team!!!

Big players make big plays in big games.

These filthy peasant feckers need to be put in their place, which is second.

Glory hunters? My oh my, Rio. Look at your support! I saw a few African "supporters" on twitter after the defeat to Wigan saying "Fergie out, we ain't gonna win anything with this manager ever" not 100% word for word but close enough. I love the great support that united have. I also witnessed Peter Schemeichel(?) say that City fans ALWAYS leave early if they're losing but you would never see United fans doing that. I pissed myself!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.