Mancini to...ermm...Russia?!? Rumour of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't got a clue.
Every paper has a different story. Why let the truth get in the way?

The Sun
Roberto Mancini is close to signing a new deal with Manchester City despite a megabucks offer to from the Russian FA.

The Peaple
Roberto Mancini has been linked with a big-money move to manage Russia.

The Mail
Roberto Mancini has been offered £35million to manage World Cup hosts Russia.

The Mirror
Roberto Mancini has been linked with a £35million six-year deal to coach Russia's national side, according to reports.

Well the Sun is probably right, the people and Mirror are only saying linked to a move so the fact some Russian outlet might say we are after Mancini even if there is no truth in it allows them to say he has been linked, so that is fair enough, the fail saying been offered money, but nothing to say sources close to Mancini indicate he will accept the job. Just tickle tackle IMO.

even for all that money why on earth would you manage russia when you can manage players such as david silva and kun aguero? this is his perfect team and i dont think for one second he'll be going

Somebody needs daggiin' around the Red Square by the Bolcheviks!

Bobby is just letting this run to further increase his pwer inside the club - stories like this strngthen his hand no end

This is on the media bit on City's site:

Newspaper discussion about incomings and outgoings at City today adds a managerial rumour to the usual player speculation.

The Daily Mail reports rumours coming out of Russia that City boss Robert Mancini is being targeted to take over the Russian national team. City have quickly poured water on this rumour with the manager and players about to fly to Austria for pre-season training.

Sometime last week there was someone (can't remember his name) posting on a city piece in the MEN saying that he had pretty solid inside information that a hugely bad announcement was going to break at city this weekend. Although a number of people were accusing him of a hoax as he wouldn't be drawn about what it was I was left with a niggling unease as he sounded as though he could be genuine.

Had completely gone out of my mind till I saw this thread - logic tells me the story is rubbish but I confess to remaining a little concerned because of the guy in the MEN (who could be a total rag fantasist for all I know!). Anyone else see the MEN thread I am talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.